My Magpie decoy is working!

njc110381

I've been at war with the Magpies in the garden again today. Earlier I shot one and tucked it up in a sapling in the garden to fluster his mates. I then forgot about it and went out. Well I got home and there was a small army of them in the surrounding trees, all giving it lip (or should I say beak?!).

Out came the Hushpower and I went and sat in my wood shed. It wasn't long before one decamped from the surrounding trees and landed in the tree in my garden so I plugged it with 18g of #6. I've now made a cradle for him so he will be lofted tomorrow.

I have about a dozen flying about at the moment - place your bets on the bag count for tomorrow!

The garden isn't that big - not that big at all! I have to make sure I shoot pretty much straight up so the shot comes back down on me, although I do have permission from the neighbour for it to fall on his land too! It's all a bit tight to be honest but everyone around me hates them so it never causes bother