Ferreting today

ollie

Myself and a couple of mates went ferreting today. Was a perfect morning with very hard frost and a little bit of snow on the ground. We started about 11am and packed up about 1.30pm with 15 rabbits in the bag. Some very good shots at bolting bunnies, including 3 from 1 particular set.

PICT0081.jpg

Have a look at this rabbit, this was the 1st one in the bag today. I thought initially it had mixy before and hadn't properly recovered; however, on closer inspection is looked like a fresh wound and we were thinking that possibly the 1st shot has grazed his face (we thought we had missed with the 1st shot). Have any of you ever saw a wound like this before? I'm not going to take any chances, so he's ferret food.

PICT0082.jpg

most likely cause looking at it i would have put money on ferret damage,ie digging it out when holed up.

its amazing what damage ferrets do in such a short space of time.

The rabbit bolted and was shot though, thats what gives me the impression that it may have been the 1st shot that grazed it.

good going ollie have you tried that place where all the grief was last year i havent been to it this year as i know a few boys who have hammered it big style ferreting/lamping with lurchers and the rifle

No I haven't been on it with the ferrets. I shot a lot of rabbits on it late summer with the rifle. The warrens are too big aswell so not great for only 2 ferrets.