PLASMA

Yorkshire Pudding

Sorry to get you all excited about tv's , with the plasma title.

This one is about PLASMA CUTTERS .

I have read many threads through the wonders of google , about the said equipment . I am after some imput from folks that use them on this forum . As if i would need to turn elsewhere than here for advice :rolleyes: .

So the story is , i would like to cut S Steel no more than 3 mm ever . Also it would be a hobby machine .

Do i put some money into a machine or buy a chinese machine at a fraction of the price ?

Cheers fella's

all the best yis yp :yp:

Hi

Most of the lower end uk style versions are chinese relabelled, they are ok it depends on amount of use your going to give it, the most hassle you will get is trying to find a good tip that last, the chinese one dont! you start up a couple of time and they are worn out.

I have a decent one and a cheap chinese one, I have used the chinese one quite a bit so for light use they are OK just the tip issue.

Alan

You only get what you pay for. As alan said cheap consumables are cheap for a reason . buy the best you can afford. Although they really are a fantastic tool to have. I've got a cebora one and it has never let me down and consumables are reasonable . But the unit did cost a grand when new

the phrase "Buy cheap, Buy twice" comes to mind

:stupid: I've got one of these [url=]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lincoln-Electric-Invertec-PC210-Plasma-Cutter-.230v_W0QQitemZ230447651338QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=195880407845&rvr_id=195880407845&cguid=75ec70f212a0a0e202001370fdd927e2[/url]I use it in the workshop conected to a compressor and it'll cut 8mm stainless steel if your slow. It will cut 3mm all day with it's built in compressor. :good::good: