L200 winch bumper

mark@mbb

No wonder you are getting stuck with those tyres! There absolute cack off road. Stick some decent BFG M/Ts on it and you find it so much better.

exactly, can't believe you fitted a winch bumper before tyres but hey ho :oops: not had an L200 stuck in the time I've had them so about 4 years though a combination of tyres and driver usually keeps you out of trouble

I have to admit, the below pic was with bridgestone duelers! (although i think tyres may have saved me initially it was way to late for tyres to make a difference at this point!)

Only reason i got them was i was in Thurso (the very top of scotland just about) needed a set of tyres and there was one option!

never again! AT2's on the new one!

post-10812-0-59705400-1294755049.jpg

Edited by gixer1

My mate has duelers on his shogun SWB and is forever getting stuck but he won't change them!!

And gixer I think a set of tank tracks may have got you out of there, but no tyre!!

maybe all depends how much effort has been put into trying to drive out, sometimes a decent tyre will grip and drag you out rather than sitting there spinning and digging you in deeper, once that happens its best to just give up and accept defeat sooner rather than later.

yeh I think if you are up to the sills in mud then you have been spinning the wheels for too long. Not only do you have the suction of the mud and the lack of grip to contend with, you also have a 8inch bank to try to get out of. Trick with the heavier LR's is to keep them moving - its when you stop, you sink!

thats a wet patch so possibly a blocked field drain etc, best advice is stick to tramlines rather than the very margins as usually they will show signs on stubble if its a boggy bit. That said I got stuck crossing a tramline that was filled with water, that hid that it was about 2ft deep :oops: the fourtrak just landed on its sump and I hardly bothered doing anything just called a tractor :lol:

that pic was taken the morning after we went back to get it! it was 2am, dark, we stopped to look through the bino's and that was the last time it moved!although i do believe if it had been AT's i may have been able to get the momentum to get back on top of the crust and get some motion going!

the duelers didn't clean themselves very well whereas you can see the AT2's throwing the snow out of the tread when you drive behind them.

Although with the same tyres i drove in a blizzard and ended up on a hill road on the dufftown to huntly road, they closed the road at the huntly end while i was on my way and then closed the road behind me! i went over a crest into a drift that was bonnet deep, up until then the tyres did ok! and it was only luck that someone i knew had a farmer friend and a snow plough driver that dug us out! that was proper stuck! the first pic is the lights on the cab of the digger, the second is the view through the windscreen as the dug us out!

Gixer

Edited by gixer1