BSA R10

reidzer

my mate (hotshot16) has a bsa r10, very nice rifle. In my book it seems good value for money because of its walnut stock and the regultor. Would not say that it is any more accurate than my S400 and my S400 is alot lighter and cheaper but is a single shot.

I would highly recommend the BSA R10 and the S410/400 just depends on what you like the best :good:

If your budget can stretch to it i would go for a HW100 which in my opinion is not heavy at all and is very accurate.

I was originally looking at a BSA ultra multi shot, but you know how it is when you start looking at things and you miss your original point of what you were wanting and go OTT instead!

The gun in question is going to be a 2nd hand one that's getting traded into a local gun shop tomorrow (with an upgraded barrel???). They have a limited stock of air rifles(springers), and only a couple of FAC PCP's.

The shop owners opinion on air rifles are that if you want one buy an HW35! which I have, but wanting to go PCP instead.

I have two Ultra`s, a multishot and a single shot as well as a Scorpion and can`t fault them, I also have springers of various makes. I must admit that shooting a pcp after shooting a spring powered airgun makes you think that you should have tried it years ago, probably the lack of recoil makes them a bit nicer to shoot.

I`d be interested to know what barrel is on that R10 though.

I'm used to a bit of recoil with my .243 and my home loads!

I'll see the gun tomorrow or the weekend and see what they are saying.

The whole idea of the PCP is for at a stable for clearing doo's, some of the horses don't even like the noise of the spring, the last PCP I heard with a good mod on it was impressively quiet!

Good to know about your Ultra's if I'm unsure of the R10 I might just get one of those on order.

Hello

I bought an r10 november last year.

looks,feels and shoots great, hearing all said about the model i started to doubt its accuracy

even though i hit nearly all my targets,

So i sent it to john bowkett who designed it for a blue print.

He tweeked a few things, the barrel shroud,machined silencer,new stile mags,

and shoots slightly more powerful.

but effectively is the same great gun.

I personally can't fault it.

look on youtube , some good clips on there.

cheers........................

Thanks for all the replies.

I bought the gun last week and must say that I can't fault it. I doesn't have the shrouded barrel on it, not sure which one it is!

The accuracy seems spot once it was zeroed and does the job I bought it for very well. It has a SAK mod on it and is very quiet indeed!

Cheers,

Mark