Airborne Webbing

danielsonson

I knew I would get some banter for putting "Airborne" but it seems to be the term all of the manufacturers are using to describe what is essentially custom non-issue webbing.

My normal issue tissue is trashing my body, Whilst I expect to get some lovely knew kit before I deploy, I am looking for something comfortable for all of the PDT before hand.

But thanks for the banter....ah its just like being at work on here ;-)

Paul ABF, is your webbing std PLCE?

Edited by danielsonson

Welsh Warrior,

Thanks for the kind offer, but general PLCE belt kit I am ok for.

I was hoping there would be some mad "Reg" boys who had mugged a few grannies in Catterick to buy some gucci custom webbing looking at this thread ;-)

Out of curiosity what does COP stand for in ref to a chest rig?

Thanks again

Dan

Edited by danielsonson

Airborne webbing :hmm:

ALL soldiers are issued the same webbing mate, (Airborne soldiers just know how to put it together properly :D )

All are issued the same (just different amounts) but Airborne Webbing is a Gucci bit of kit or brand name. https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/catalogue/291-Airborne-Webbing-DPM

COP is Close Observation Platoon but issued to all soldiers who want it now, better in vehicles.

I'm still serving but have some extra bits about PM me what you want belt kit wise and I look whats in the MFO box of spares/rubbish or I also have an NI chest rig as well.

Paul ABF, is your webbing std PLCE?

Yes mate. I'm a stickler for PLCE.Put together correctly, with 3 water bottle pouches, left ammo pouch and a utility replacing the right ammo - all secured, it can't be beat. G10 for men.

Welshwarrior,

I think our paths may cross (if not already), you wouldn't happen to have been to Kenya recently? ;-)

All are issued the same (just different amounts) but Airborne Webbing is a Gucci bit of kit or brand name. https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/catalogue/291-Airborne-Webbing-DPM

COP is Close Observation Platoon but issued to all soldiers who want it now, better in vehicles.

I'm still serving but have some extra bits about PM me what you want belt kit wise and I look whats in the MFO box of spares/rubbish or I also have an NI chest rig as well.

PaulABF, fair one, I think we could probably start a new thread - "whats on your webbing".

Will definately have yet another play with the standard rig ;-)

Standard rig is good but remember Allyness saves lives!

I have a set of the dragon stuff which is good but just not needed nowadays, (its the 4 pouch version so massive!)

When you look at what you carry on Osprey you will kick yourself for carrying shed loads of kit throughout PDT! (And your osprey is heavy enough anyway!)

Looks quite good that :good: OR, just go to the SQ's and sign out a few more pouches and save yourself £125 :good:

Be careful asking for all these pouches mate, you dont wanna end up looking like a STAB or worse still, a YANK :blink:

post-11306-0-88628400-1296236254.jpg