cleaning guns

kacy

Na not at all, It seems rough to start with but after a couple times of using it it sotfens up, this is what i do, push 1 patch through each barrel, then one patched soaked with bore cleaner, leave 5 mins, then a few drops of bore cleaner on the bronze brush and scrub!! i do full passes (brush should fully exit each end, note that oil will spit out of each end so do it outside if poss!) and 1 pass per cartridge shot so 100 shots, 100 through each barrel, then i do half the amount of passes through each end maybe 10 inches in ether end as this is were most of the **** gets stuck! then keep pushing patches untill they come out clean then push the swab (big fluffy white thing) through the barrel once just to leave a film of gun oil so obviously put a few drops of the swab before, note, ensure its not bore cleaner you put on the swab by accident as this will become very sticky after a few weeks of being left on the barrels and is hard to get off, then continue cleaning the rest of the gun, ejectors, chokes reciver and foreend! good luck buddy, pm me if you want any other help! :good:

Beretta Italy

Edited by Beretta Italy

Your B425 will have crome lined barrels? Spray a squirt of browning red can down from the action end and push it through with a length of dowelling rod and tissue paper. There is no need to scrub with wire brushes. All the excess crud in the action can be cleaned with the same spray a toothbrush and a pigeons tail feather. Mind you clean the gaps between the barrels and the rib and these bits hold moisture after a day in the wet. Put the gun in a warm place and get rid of any damp. Turn your gunslip inside out and put it in the airing cupboard. Many a fine gun has been ruined putting it back in a wet or damp gunslip on it's way to the cabinet, even after a thorough cleaning.

Edited by Whitebridges