Rabbit livers and kidney's

Ferretboy111

You could make pate. 1 Rabbit liver chopped, 2 Tbsp. Butter, 1 Small onion, 1 Clove Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Basil and Hot red pepper or chilli. 2 Tbs. Sherry or cognac optional.

Melt butter add onions and garlic till soft. Add liver and spices till liver is cooked. Put into container and hand blend. Chill for at least 6 hours to allow flavours to blend. Serve with crackers and cheese or put on toast.

You could cook the sliced liver in a frying pan with mixed herbs and butter and serve on toast. If you like it hot add chillis.

Hope these recipes help you.

I love them fried plain with thick brown toast. However, if you fancy a pasta dish try this:

Chop livers and kidneys into bite sized pieces and fry in olive oil with chopped shallots, then when about half done add some sundried tomato paste (sacla brand is good for this) and a small splash of red wine (just enough to loosen up), and some chopped fresh basil leaves.

Once the initial alcohol of the wine has cooed off, stir into pasta and serve with a good grind of black pepper and a bit more fresh basil. Sometimes I cut up button mushrooms and add those before the tomato/wine goes in.

• 1 month later...

Any kidney is best on the day pan fried in butter so it caramelises and dose not bubble in blood served on brown toast maybe a simple sauce the livers make nice faggots I fine chop onions and garlic sweat them down in plenty of butter and livers cook out flame with alcohol and remove from heat and some fresh herbs I like tarragon then add fresh bread crumbs and season roll into little balls and wrap up in caul fat (good butcher will have it)pop back in the med oven for 10 mins add a rich stock/gravy give them a few more mins and hey presto a meal from offal that's a little more subtle for people who aren't so keen on the harsh irony taste of offal also freezes well so can be made in a big batch

I make a terrine out of rabbit livers ,saddle and the haunch with diced sweet potato wrapped in air dried ham set in jelly made from the bones which sounds hard but uses the whole rabbit :good: