PCP recommendations for bunnies

oscarsdad

Right gents, I would like some advice, most of which will have probably been asked before.

I am going to take the plunge and get myself a PCP after umming and ahhing for a couple of years.

I currently hunt with my TX200 .22 and I also have an HW77K in .177.

I have decided I want a multishot PCP in .177 so I won't re-open the which calibre is best debate.

I have been doing a little research and I have narrowed my search a little. I have always wanted a BSA Superten Mk3 Bull Barrel but they are not made anymore.

I am less concerned about budget, more about performance, reliability and value.

I have looked at the BSA ultra multishot which seems good value as I have found them new for £345, but I have read some negative things about this rifle with a low shot count and also needs mods to become the rifle it should (reg etc). This leads me to think that I need to spend a little more and look at either a BSA R10 or the Air Arms S410...what would you guys recommend? Any other suggestions?

The rifle will be used primarily for rabbits and I intend to fit a bipod and silencer (if required).

Cheers

Anthony

The answer to your question is that nearly any modern PCP will do the job you require perfectly. I personally use an Air Arms s410 Carbine and I love it. Its held its value over the last 2 years and I have shot hundreds of bunnies with it. Its had loads of use in the field, as well as plinking in the back yard. I get pellet on pellet at 45yards no problem and in the field will typically go for bunnies from 25yards upto 50 yards without any worries. I get more shots from a charge than i`ll ever use in several hunting trips. I tend to refill before its empty, but id guess your looking at 70->90 shots easily. Thats enough for loads of hunting trips for me before I repump it up.

I opted for the s410 because everyone had nothing but good things to say about it. I did try out a HW100, but found it felt too heavy and not as easy to handle as the s410. The HW100 was also more expensive. These days however, loads of people I know use the BSA ultra`s and love them. For the money, they are an excellent tool.

Id short-list a few you like the look of, then get down a gunshop and try them out. What suits one person may not suit another.

The answer to your question is that nearly any modern PCP will do the job you require perfectly. I personally use an Air Arms s410 Carbine and I love it. Its held its value over the last 2 years and I have shot hundreds of bunnies with it. Its had loads of use in the field, as well as plinking in the back yard. I get pellet on pellet at 45yards no problem and in the field will typically go for bunnies from 25yards upto 50 yards without any worries. I get more shots from a charge than i`ll ever use in several hunting trips. I tend to refill before its empty, but id guess your looking at 70->90 shots easily. Thats enough for loads of hunting trips for me before I repump it up.

I opted for the s410 because everyone had nothing but good things to say about it. I did try out a HW100, but found it felt too heavy and not as easy to handle as the s410. The HW100 was also more expensive. These days however, loads of people I know use the BSA ultra`s and love them. For the money, they are an excellent tool.

Id short-list a few you like the look of, then get down a gunshop and try them out. What suits one person may not suit another.

Some good advice here. :good:

I have owned a 410 classic in .177 and a walnut 410 in .22,a bsa ultra in .22,a tx200hc,mercury,meteor,i cannot praise the Air Arms 410 high enough you will never be able to out master this superb bit of kit,the ultimate bunnie tool,bought mine for £539 and sold a year later to fund fac for £450 in mint condition,just make sure you get a multi shot.

Gone for an ultra - bought it today with scope, a weihrauch silencer and a bottle.

Been out lamping with it-didn't see any bunnies but my god does it make a difference not carrying my lump of a tx200 around!

Hopefully I will christen it very soon!

Multi shot......!,in .177 !

I have now properly zeroed the rifle in my parents garden-it is now putting pellet on pellet at 35 yds. When I sort myself out a bi-pod there is no excuse for missing rabbits anymore!

A rather foolish squirrel also a appeared whilst I was zeroing it - it is now in the oven!

I am a convert to PCPs!