Remington or Winchester .410 Cartridges??

Does anyone know of any Remington or Winchester .410 cartridge stockist's???

More so the Remington as I believe they shoot really well and come in No.4's in the 3" shell.

I have used the Winchester 5's a few years ago and they where pretty good but I was given them and don't seem to be able to find any suppliers??

I will eventually get into loading my own, but I really would love to try out those Remy's!!!

Anyone with any idea's... much appreciated :good:

post-25543-0-31692000-1297716466.jpg

Edited by AceBrad

Just Cartridges sell the Winchesters. Make sure you're sitting down when you open the link though, they are not cheap....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :oops: :blink: :crazy::w00t:

I wonder if they have ever considered doing stand up??? Cos at first thats really funny!!!!!

I'll defo be getting into loading my own alot quicker me thinks... Anyone know of any equipment for .410 going???

And any good recipes??

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :oops: :blink: :crazy::w00t:

I wonder if they have ever considered doing stand up??? Cos at first thats really funny!!!!!

I'll defo be getting into loading my own alot quicker me thinks... Anyone know of any equipment for .410 going???

And any good recipes??

You don't need a loading press! They are a waste of money for Continental .410 cases (hulls). All you'll make is scrap.

All you need, apart from a good turnover tool or spinner, (Folkestone Engineering) are basic re-sizing, de-prime/re-prime tools that can be made in the shed! A set of scales is a good idea! Powder and shot scoops can be made from spent metallic shells. The rest of the goodies can be obtained from a PW member who lives just down the road from you.

Im just about to put 250 winchester 3" superX HS in the for sale mostly US#6 -UK#5 will split make me a offer and im not looking for £18 a box :P

I would but your a little out the way from me to collect... I've found a stockist, only has a couple boxes of the winchesters in but I'm defo going to get into this home loading I think.

Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated :good:

Those prices are an actual joke! try eley 3 inch 7's. they have worked well on everything for me :good:

I've had several .410's over the years and so too has my old fella, we always do use the eley's, usually in #6's.

They are good but certainly over the last few years I've found them to pattern a little erratically, irrespective of the gun/choke etc...??

The only thing I can put it down to is the fibre wad... I it obviously increases the amount of pellets in contact with the bore thus causing deformation and increased fliers but I think it may also lead to the pattern splitting earlier :hmm: ??

I don't know for sure but it seems feasible.

I've not tried the #7's though, might give em ago.

You don't need a loading press! They are a waste of money for Continental .410 cases (hulls). All you'll make is scrap.

All you need, apart from a good turnover tool or spinner, (Folkestone Engineering) are basic re-sizing, de-prime/re-prime tools that can be made in the shed! A set of scales is a good idea! Powder and shot scoops can be made from spent metallic shells. The rest of the goodies can be obtained from a PW member who lives just down the road from you.

So no loading press then... would I be right in saying that a re sizing tool may not be so necessary if I'm using spent shells fired in the gun going to be used with the reloads??

That just leaves De and Re prime tools and importantly a roll over tool... can these be purchased easily to the 410 spec??

Pray do tell more about this PW member a stones throw away with all the goodies :)

More often than not, a reloaded shell will 'chamber' in its parent gun without re-sizing. However, if the extractor allows the brass to bulge (and .410 are high pressure), then there could be a problem. Inspect your cases in the area where the extractor cradles the brass. A MEC supersizer squeezes the head back to factory dimensions.

Edited by Floating Chamber

Do you think the wad choice makes a vast amount of difference in the pattern??

I know that with the full cup/petal (h40's) wads your restricted to a lighter shot load than with the likes of the h17 but would you say that the heavier load makes up for the fliers created by bore contact??

I'll try a couple different types of course but you guys seem to know you stuff so no harm in askin hey :)

Thanks for all this info guys.