Wanted-Air Rifle Shooting Merseyside

Im from Moreton and have been asking for about 1 year year now, sent out 100+ letters and still have had no joy. I have full insurance but I just dont seem to be getting any luck! I will give it another month or so then I will think about selling up..... a very nice hunting setup may be on sale!

the trouble with the wirral particularly around moreton meoles hoylake west kirby and further afield is that there has always been 10 x more fieldsports enthusiasts than there is permissions combined with the severe poaching/trespassing that has gone on in the past the land owners just wont have it....a shame realy but i have experienced this for 30 years moreton born and bred

good luck mate your gonna need it :hmm: :hmm:

• 4 weeks later...

Sell you air rifle,get a shotgun and join a wildfowling club,theres a few in easy distance. At least you'll have some shooting and fantastic sport it is,several clubs have rough shooting aswell so you could end up with a fair bit to go at. Just an idea.

Ive had the same problem. I'm from Hoylake had my SGC for two years now and can find absolutely no land to shoot on, I even offered one farmer some help on his land just so i could shoot some wood pigeon that permanently terrorise his crops, still the answer was a no. Noth Wales shooting school is slightly too far to get to on a regular basis and Im getting rather fed up!

Im from Moreton and have been asking for about 1 year year now, sent out 100+ letters and still have had no joy. I have full insurance but I just dont seem to be getting any luck! I will give it another month or so then I will think about selling up..... a very nice hunting setup may be on sale!

Ive had the same problem. I'm from Hoylake had my SGC for two years now and can find absolutely no land to shoot on, I even offered one farmer some help on his land just so i could shoot some wood pigeon that permanently terrorise his crops, still the answer was a no. Noth Wales shooting school is slightly too far to get to on a regular basis and Im getting rather fed up!

take my advice. If you want to get offered some shooting on here, you have to become more active in the posting section. Its hard for people to try and get an idea of what you are like, when yo upost very little. I have made many offers of shooting and ferreting on here, yet people from manchester have traveled down. make more effort, and see what happens. Ive been looking for land on the wirral for about 5 years, and managed nearly 1000 acres. This is through dood knocking, letter posting and card dropping. Trust me when i say ive had my fair share of knock backs.

Sending out letters is pretty much a waste of time.I get begging letters from charities every day displaying starving children or near extinct animals and they all go in the bin.If someone turned up at my door,however,it would be much harder to say no.Also you need to bear in mind that not everybody is a nice guy-I,ve taken people out on my permission only to find out later that they have approached the landowner with a view to paying to shoot on the land.One guy once was asked to leave when i came accross him about to shoot a woodpecker-at the other end of the scale i once found a guest i had positioned in a hide-whom i thought was having a real good day,shooting bumblebees in the brambles-not too mention the chap who brought along his labrador on a rabbit evening who shouted orders at it so loud that i got a headache.Best way is to bite the bullet and get out there-spend a week or so knocking on doors and chatting.On some farms i,ve had to get permission a bit at a time-i.e.Can i shoot the rabbits along the hedge in such a such field?-then over time the rest will normally fall into your lap.Once you have permission you need to build on it by dropping the landowners name everytime you visit somewhere new.It takes time and perseverance but is the only way.