Sorry mate

stirky

Booked out for last saturday, the day didnt start off well as the battery on my motor was flat ;) , anyway i got to the farm just after dinner and put about 150 blues off, they didnt go far but there is a lot of OSR in that area so i could only hope that someone else would be shooting in this area to keep the birds moving about, they didnt realy come back like i wanted but some did come to look at my decoys and made up a small but enjoyable bag, it was nice just to be out with the sun and wind on my back tucked into my small but draught free hide. You know when you spot something out of the corner of your eye (never realy understood that phrase as your eyes are round) and you look and look again, well sure enough there was a good size rat looking at me from under my cammo netting, it was like a clip from a comedy film i jumped, the rat jumped, i nearly dropped my gun and the rat was off back down the hedge as fast its legs would move, it didnt get far :yp: its in the picture but it wont be in my fridge.

p10105759cb.jpg

:)

Nice one Stirky.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago with a stoat.

I kicked it out the hide as it was more interested in a woody and didn't notice me picking up my gun.

Cut it half with 1 oz of six's at about 2 yards.

Last mistake that ever made.

Kenzie

• 4 weeks later...

To TOM'S DAD,

No mate it's not a Stocky that Stirky shot it's a FERAL pigeon or Street Pecker to you!!!!!!!!!

To Sidney,

Rock Doves are very very scarce and live on some of the eastern coastal cliffs.

Stock Doves are very common and an effort is now being made to get them back onto the Quarry List.

Cheers, CB:}

Thanks for the replies lads, sadly the feral pigeon has now been eaten by my ferrets otherwise i would be able to show the large white rump patch and the eye with an iris. If TOMS DAD is "def" that its a stock dove without seeing the bird in his hands then perhaps he is speaking from personal experience of these birds !!. :lol: