Which Rotary......Help Please

Good morning guys, i've spent a season deliberating over if should shell out on a rotary, although there seems to be a number of posts on the subject i thought that i would try and get your experiences of what is hot and what is not !.

I'm using my 'Chris Green' selection of Deeks which i love and will be adding one of his flappers to the pattern (as soon as i can track him down as his phone number seems to be on the Fritz !)

Could you good people give me some help with what you would consider the best 'all round' set up....

Cheers :blink:

Like everything else, you tend to get what you pay for.

If you are not going to be using the rotary very often, say once a month, then a cheap one will probably suffice.

However, if you want it to work harder and last longer then invest in a decent one from a reputable Supplier.

One of our Advertisers UKShootwarehouse has a good reasonably priced rotary and you get the Pigeon Watch discount.

Like everything else, you tend to get what you pay for.

If you are not going to be using the rotary very often, say once a month, then a cheap one will probably suffice.

However, if you want it to work harder and last longer then invest in a decent one from a reputable Supplier.

One of our Advertisers UKShootwarehouse has a good reasonably priced rotary and you get the Pigeon Watch discount.

Ok thanks, i'll give them a call and take alook at that. Any other set-ups that you would recommend ?

Edited by captain flapper

f you can afford the extra few pounds, then get one with adjustable height and adjustable arm length.

You will find that these simple adjustments make the rotary 100 times more useful, when you you wish to use it in variable height crops, at an angle in a tram line, strapped to a post or in a bush and all those other places you will find it useful in.

f you can afford the extra few pounds, then get one with adjustable height and adjustable arm length.

You will find that these simple adjustments make the rotary 100 times more useful, when you you wish to use it in variable height crops, at an angle in a tram line, strapped to a post or in a bush and all those other places you will find it useful in.

Good tip thanks, i'm on it.... does anyone want to teach me all they know about getting better at this sport ?

Again depending on budget, the lightweight ones are the ones to go for; saving every bit of weight helps as you build up your kit.

From experience I have been lucky that I haven't wasted money on anything that has broken, even my cheap and heavy Andy Moss rotary works like a trooper; but over time I have sold and re bought gear to take the weight down. Even if you have a 4x4 when the tracks are really wet the farmer won't appreciate you churning them up. Meaning we all have long muddy hikes from time to time.

On the flapper front, take a look at the Turbo Flapper, not sold by our site sponsors unfortunately, these are excellent and the flapping speed is probably the best I've seen and the most realistic. Some people prefer intermittent timers but I prefer to couple mine with a remote giving me full control.

Feel free to send me a pm and I'll give you my number if you want a chat about them.

Where you based?