Penrith & District Gun Club

Alex C

Anyone know much about this place?

I am being forced into going to Centre Parcs in Penrith for a weekend by the Missus. To dull the pain i am looking to get out shooting on Either a Saturday or Sunday. Doing a quick search brings this place up within 15mins.

Has anyone been? Whats it like for a sporting layout? Prices?

We are going in Early April if that makes any difference.

I have tried e mailing the ground but no response as yet.

Any other places within half hour 45 mins of Centre Parcs worth a try please let me know about.

Thanks in Advance

Alex

Well thats that idea shot as we are there the week before the first April Shoot at Penrith. Never Mind !

Is there any other nice places to shoot over that way? We may have to travel a bit further i think.

I noticed there were a couple around Kendal. Any of these nice?

Has anyone heard of Rookin House? Looks like its just down the road?

Cheers for the replies so far

Edited by Alex C

Crabtree Farm http://www.crabtreeclayshoot.co.uk/ is good but very wet underfoot with all the recent rain.

I have not been to Burneside gun club for years but it's quite near Tebay junction, they shoot alternative Sunday's too.

I have been to Rooking House for a wedding, but I believe they do coaching only.

There are not a lot of grounds in Cumbria and I have to travel every week to shoot sporting, mainly to Lancashire.

As has been said,sporting at Bowscar consists of only three or four traps,Burneside has about six,but Crabtree is a good one.There's also Over Kellet,just off the M6 junction for Carnforth,straight down the M6 from Penrith.

I don't know if you've kids or not,but either way I think you may be pleasantly surprised regarding Center Parcs.My kids love it.