A Quick spin out with the dogs..............

Magwitch

It was good to see an honest and hard-earned 'escape' as much as a well caught rabbit. Balance.

Great pictures as usual Magwitch - always a point of fascination for me :D

My dogs are Ridgebacks and staffs and I think they always edge on the side of lean, but yours do look almost too lean - not a criticism because I'm not familiar with the coursing breeds. Is that how lean they should look?

Cheers

Duncan

Edited by The Duncan

cracking photos mate :good:

Yes the dogs are lean but don't they need to be? you don't often see a hard running overweight lurcher/greyhound. I have a Whippet/collie that stands 22 inhes, and she is on the lean side but when she is overfed she just won't run.

Keep the photos coming Magwitch i look forward to the next ones :good:

One of the reason's I post picture's of the running dog's is that they always seem to get bad press from the shooting side of field-sports, but in all honesty they work well in conjunction. Two of the farms I look after the rabbits on are infact Game shoots and farmers only. We always start the season with the ferrets which in my opinion is the best form of rabbit clearance (followed closely by the rimfire)and after the shoots are finished we mop up the stragglers with the dogs........................

One of the reason's I post picture's of the running dog's is that they always seem to get bad press from the shooting side of field-sports, but in all honesty they work well in conjunction. Two of the farms I look after the rabbits on are infact Game shoots and farmers only. We always start the season with the ferrets which in my opinion is the best form of rabbit clearance (followed closely by the rimfire)and after the shoots are finished we mop up the stragglers with the dogs........................

Thanks for that Magwitch, it's good to have an idea on how the various country sports and pest control inter-link.

Cheers

Duncan