anyone else been out

remmy1100

went out this morning with dog/gun checking out permissions,birds where hitting rape hard with the snow ,put few hundred bird up so decide to return home for gear,got back setup then came the blizzards and 30mph wind managed to shoot 19 birds ,which where fighting through the driving snow trying to get onto rape.condition worsened so i beat a hasty retreat, had the snow stopped it would of been a great day for the pigeons they are starved. beats being indoors, ;);)

Edited by remmy1100

The weather has been rough today in north northumberland blizzard all day.

No chance of any shooting at all, i watched the newcastle game,after the first 12mins i wished i hadnt bothered. :D

Must be nice to have a shoot to GO to lol.

I have to ask my brother in law if he wants to go shooting normally as he knows a local farmer and we get a small 3 acre plot to shoot on but air rifles only ;)

I DID have a shoot near alnwick when i lived in Beadnell but when i moved i lost it.

I am thinking about joining the NPPC i know their fields are down harrogate and north yorks etc but i tried a load of local farms in person and letters to the ones that were too far and nothing ;)

My mate tells me there are shooting days near holy island he is looking into and i am looking at a shooting holl for later in the year.

Maybe by then i will get better on the clays as at the mo i average 3-4 out of 5 with 3/4 choke first barrels.

Lord Geordie

The weather has been rough today in north northumberland blizzard all day.

No chance of any shooting at all, i watched the newcastle game,after the first 12mins i wished i hadnt bothered. :lol:

Must be nice to have a shoot to GO to lol.

I have to ask my brother in law if he wants to go shooting normally as he knows a local farmer and we get a small 3 acre plot to shoot on but air rifles only :lol:

I DID have a shoot near alnwick when i lived in Beadnell but when i moved i lost it.

I am thinking about joining the NPPC i know their fields are down harrogate and north yorks etc but i tried a load of local farms in person and letters to the ones that were too far and nothing ;)

My mate tells me there are shooting days near holy island he is looking into and i am looking at a shooting holl for later in the year.

Maybe by then i will get better on the clays as at the mo i average 3-4 out of 5 with 3/4 choke first barrels.

Lord Geordie

L G you dont have to go that far there are a lot of fields round West auckland / Scotch corner / Catterick / brompton on swale/ colburn / hipswell / Northallerton. so why travel down to harrogate 40 minutes from Newcastle you have loads of NPPC land.

Get joined it is great value for money.

;):D:) :thumbs:

Can't find a site all i can get is a phone number ;)

Whats the rate for the first year? i know i may be charged an initial first yearly fee on top of the norm!!

And is there any insurance provided?

Any info on the NPPC greatly appreciated

LG

http://www.shootpigeons.co.uk/

Thats the site find on top of this site right hand side alternates with UKshootwarehouse.

last year when i joined it was £130 i think for first year then about £95 per year bloody cheap shooting.

Dont think insurance is provided but you have to have it im in the BASC.

After joining you get lists of crops with map references from John that runs the club these tell you which fields you can shoot.

Hello all :thumbs:

Well out yesterday with a mate on a Rape field near Nonnington (LB do you know this place) plenty of woodies feeding on the field the day before ( tuesday). So set up around 10.30 hrs and had good shooting most of the day as the birds came in ones and twos and no big packs. Total bag was 67 for 98 shots.

SorryNo pictures as the battery was dead in the camera.

Edited by bigdev