Hello

Mikey686

Hi guy's

this is my 1st post, just wanted to say hello to everyone and was after some advice on getting large bags of crows?

I often find once i get one down the rest will come in but they can be so clever they seem to know my range. Do crow decoys work if so which ones? any advice is much welcomed. Mike from Harrogate.

welcome to the forum

by crows do you mean rooks?

find the right place, this will take time, a n hour a day for a few days watching flightlines

build yourself a bloody good hide with thick sides and a good roof, make it just roomy enough for your needs.

get there before first light and stick out 4/5 fresh dead crows as decoys, hold thier heads up with kebab sticks and stick 1 on a floater/glider

stay very very still, crows/rooks have very very good eyesight and will flare at any sign of danger (anything unusual)

i tend to only ever leave upto 20 crows out as decoys at a time, anymore and i find they start to flare off when out of range

watch a few flocks of crows feeding to get the idea of how the land, where they land, how far they stand apart, which have heads down feeding and which are bolt up right calling or looking out, mimick this as best a s possible.

flocked full body decoys do the job well, but if you can save a few shot ones in the freezer save yourself the cash and do it

a few callers are out and about, some have good reports

check out other posts on here, use the search function and you will find alot of info on crow shooting