night out

codling99

a mate asked me to go lamping last night on two of his local farms,lamped them last year and had two foxes. Set off around 8.30 ,arrived at farm around 9 o'clock. Was still a bit light for a while but managed a few rabbits and missed one.eventually reached the field we shot one last year,had a call and with in 5 mins a fox bolted across field in front of us,wasnt hanging around thoug,dont know whether he had wind of us because wind was behind us,or he heard me click bolt forward.gave him 5 mins but never came back from next field he went into.decided to move on,climbed gate to next field,put lamp on to see fox sat 70 yards away looking at us ,night night irene,first vixen in bag,full of cubs too,sad i know but needed doing,was in lambing field.mad we thought,same field as last year.walked on to farm yard,put rimfire back in car and decided to check again in first field we looked in,had a call and within minuites a fox showed up . he sat tight ,wouldnt move closer for nearly ten mins,couldnt quite see him tidy through scope with filter on so decided to take chance for a shot without filter ,risking him running off.as we thought,soon as we took filter off,put lamp on,fox was laying down ,jumped up and ran,stopped him with a loud squeak,and realeased a round off,down he goes,big dog fox,161 yards approx. home by twelve ish,nice early night.

Photo0046.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

yeah,tikka .222. think scope still wants a slight adjustment,cos i aimed for chest,and hit him in the neck,may have moved a slight bit,but still think i hit slighlty to the right,so gonna check scope next week,did kill it out right though,didnt move an inch. farmer was happy,was probably over 100 lambs in field she was in.