NV shooting with my cz22lr and N550 pulsar nv

happyshooter

Hi Guys, out on one of my local shoots its an old rectory converted to a modern manor house

of 2 acres of garden with large fish pond and a covered swimming pool , along with this is a 16 acre field

adjoining the gardens leased to a local farmer and i have the shooting rights , this field has a 5metre wide

grass strip surrounding the field margins all the way round the field and at the top of the field a small wood

the whole length of that side , i situated my self behind the 5 bar gate the entrance from the garden into the field

there is an old woodpile about 30 yds away and the warrens are in the bank of the ditch behind the woodpile

I was using my my cz22lr rinfire fitted with the N550 digi Pulsar, nv scope which is fitted with a doubler

as this is digital it means you can shoot in the day time & night time, any way it was about 19-45 and dusk

was fast falling when two young rabbits emerged from the top end of the woodpile and chased each other around

i always let bunnies settle and start feeding before i shoot them, the n550 was just on its first setting thats is with

no ir on just using the av light , the 2 bunnies were now feeding quite happily away at 40 yds range

both close together ,so i took aim using the 2nd bar of the gate as a gun rest and dropped the 1st bunny with a head shot , the 2nd bunny ran a few yds and sat bolt upright so it was shot also a head shot , i also had with me my

12g remy 1100 shot gun fitted with a power ful torch to the barrel ,i was watching the woodpile when 30 mins

after i had shot the bunnies a ginger head poked its self from the end of the wood pile and and eyed up my bunnies

now thieving is not tolerated by me so i quickly grabbed my shotgun and blew the foxes brains out

it turned out to be a small vixen . i then carried on shooting till 22-00 hrs bagging x4 more bunnies

so a good evenings pest control and one happy landowner,

Gearwise the N550 nv on the cz22lr make a great nv combo

regds brian

sorry to stop you there all but 22lr not a foxing gun and not legal shooting as the same with HMR

only shotgun with good fox round no2 or sg

Or C/F rifle

think you need to read up a bit more mate,

.22lr is perfectly legal and capable of humainly dispatching a fox at 40yds or less

as the OP had already quoted being 40yds away, and seeing the fox in the sights, he should have took the shot, alot more humaine way of dealing with the fox,

having to put one rifle down, to pick a shotgun up, and move? shoot at 40yds, could have caused the fox to move on seeing his movement, and end up with a wounded fox

please, also show me where it states a .22 is not legal on fox :hmm:

.22lr is perfectly legal and capable of humainly dispatching a fox at 40yds or less

as the OP had already quoted being 40yds away, and seeing the fox in the sights, he should have took the shot, alot more humaine way of dealing with the fox,

having to put one rifle down, to pick a shotgun up, and move? shoot at 40yds, could have caused the fox to move on seeing his movement, and end up with a wounded fox

all depends if he has FOX stipulated on his FAC for his .22lr if not he would of been shooting out of accordance to his FAC an possibly loose it.

Not many forces allow 22lr for fox all depends where you live.

And dead's dead dont matter what you use

all depends if he has FOX stipulated on his FAC for his .22lr if not he would of been shooting out of accordance to his FAC an possibly loose it.

not wanting to hijack another members post, but this has been raised before in arguments, most certs will say, vermin and ground game, rather than list rabbits,rats etc, but foxes are classed as vermin too

but a fair point I suppose, lucky mine states to humainly dispatch any animal

All forces state Vermin but they don't really class fox with that that's why they say vermin and fox or fox and deer or just fox on CF rifles but I know what you mean.

Best stick to what our FAC state as it's just more reasons for them to refuse them etc

Right Stubby you come under Essex fire arms licensing

ring them up and ask if .22LR or .17HMR are permitted calibres

for shooting foxes in ESSEX ,well i can tell you having

just confirmed by phone, what i already knew .22lr& .17 hmr

are not permitted in ESSEX only .222 or .22mag cf

so get your facts right and get your glasses on!!!!!

also i did not say in my post i had the fox in my 22lr sights

in fact i had no gun in my hands when i spotted the fox

the shot gun was loaded ready for such an incident

as this is not the 1st fox i have killed at this location

the score so far is x2 foxes killes outright

no-2 cartridges takes no prisoners its deadly

effective.

regds brian

Edited by happyshooter

well put it this way bute not long had an FEO out and telling me no fox for 22lr or 17hmr

gent on to BASC and they will say the same been there so many times

have you got fox on your 22lr then

you got it mate

I tried to tell them a head shot fox with 17 or 22 is better then a shoty at close range but like trying to talk to a brick wall

not wanting to hijack another members post, but this has been raised before in arguments, most certs will say, vermin and ground game, rather than list rabbits,rats etc, but foxes are classed as vermin too

but a fair point I suppose, lucky mine states to humainly dispatch any animal

not in a court mate I no one person nearly lost his license for this

as I was told by FEO and other's vermin is vermin and fox is fox :hmm: Don't Ask