reccomended fill pressure

shoot31

hi can any1 please tell me what the fill pressure should be in my fac air ranger..olny got the gun today and not sure what i should be putting in the gun.....PLEASE HELP

No more than 180 Bar is the norm. ;)

Is this the one with the 500 cc buddy in which case im pretty sure its 230 Bar...

Edited by Fisherman Mike

hi and thnx for all your replies....well pleased with the gun.zero at 60 yards..flat from 50-80 yards on point of aim...TOO THE GUY THAT SAID"QUOTE-WHY THE CONFUSION......WELL MOST IF NOT ALL PCP GUNS STATE;A MAXIMUM FILL PRESSURE AND E RECCOMENDED FILL PRESSURE WHICH IS NORMALLY WHAT YOU PUT IN THE GUN...DAYSTATE IS NOT CLEAR ON THIS...THATS WHY I ASKED :)

Edited by shoot31

hi and thnx for all your replies....well pleased with the gun.zero at 60 yards..flat from 50-80 yards on point of aim...TOO THE GUY THAT SAID"QUOTE-WHY THE CONFUSION......WELL MOST IF NOT ALL PCP GUNS STATE;A MAXIMUM FILL PRESSURE AND E RECCOMENDED FILL PRESSURE WHICH IS NORMALLY WHAT YOU PUT IN THE GUN...DAYSTATE IS NOT CLEAR ON THIS...THATS WHY I ASKED :)

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ME THEN :good:

I can see why you asked, If there's no indicated 'Fill Pressure' only an "Upto 250Bar" I guess as some have suggested its down to users to figure our what their ideal 'fill pressure' is to give the best combination of shot number and accuracy.

Im interested that this came up as I'm hoping to be granted FAC Air shortly and I'm looking at the Air ranger FAC at 60ft lbs

I can see why you asked, If there's no indicated 'Fill Pressure' only an "Upto 250Bar" I guess as some have suggested its down to users to figure our what their ideal 'fill pressure' is to give the best combination of shot number and accuracy.

Im interested that this came up as I'm hoping to be granted FAC Air shortly and I'm looking at the Air ranger FAC at 60ft lbs

Try going onto Daystates website register on there and go on support page and click on AirGun DataBase by logging in input your guns serial number and it will tell you all you need ie:-

Serial_Number

Description

Fill_Pressure

Chrono

Calibre

Pellet

Date

Tested_By

Notes

Forgot to say the data base only started FEB 2007 so if it older it wont be on

Edited by MDK

hi i hope you get your fac license and ejoy it...i did not go for the 60ft lb air ranger because at that ft lb it has the longer barrell and has to have a support which goes around the bottle and barrell which is needed because of the length....with this it makes the gun barrell heavy and feels odd..i choose mine because it has the standard length barrel handles fine and is very accurate....hope this is of some help

my gun is spitting out bis mags at 953 feet per sec which =43 ft lb but when a full charge is in the gun i.e 230 bar is down on power...210 bar and down is at its best power...is there a reason why the lack of power at a full charge?please help to put my mind at ease as at the momement im thinking the gun is not performing as it should do...thnx

my gun is spitting out bis mags at 953 feet per sec which =43 ft lb but when a full charge is in the gun i.e 230 bar is down on power...210 bar and down is at its best power...is there a reason why the lack of power at a full charge?please help to put my mind at ease as at the momement im thinking the gun is not performing as it should do...thnx

Completely normal. The spring and hammer in your rifle cannot open the valve fully at the higher pressure, so you get a little less power. As the pressure drops, the spring and hammer can open the valve fully, giving you full power. Only fill to the pressure where your rifle shoots at best power and most consistency :good:

Edited by pabs

Completely normal. The spring and hammer in your rifle cannot open the valve fully at the higher pressure, so you get a little less power. As the pressure drops, the spring and hammer can open the valve fully, giving you full power. Only fill to the pressure where your rifle shoots at best power and most consistency :good:

thanks for the reply that has put my mind at ease...i was also told the same thing by drapers today so you are spot on...thanks again for taking the time to answer my question