Heads Up Chaps (Worksop)

Father in law gave me cutting out of metro paper.. Advert reads as follows..

Part time keeper / Vermin Controller required to control rabbits and pigeons and help with wild pheasants. Would suit a retired person or weekender. This will involve the equivalent of 1 day per week. Vehicle and ammunition provided.

Apply in writing to : H C Murch, Osberton Grange Farm, Retford Rd, Worksop, Notts, S81 0UF..

Too far for me or else I would have applied myself..

What sort of impact on vermin numbers do people expect to see on a 1 day a week basis? To help wild pheasants would require controlling vermin, easiest way is to run tunnel traps, larsens, snares and the like which have to be checked daily, therefore not an option. Totally unrealistic expectations in my opinion. It may however suit someone with plenty of free time, willing to put in numerous days a week free of charge..

• 4 weeks later...

What sort of impact on vermin numbers do people expect to see on a 1 day a week basis? To help wild pheasants would require controlling vermin, easiest way is to run tunnel traps, larsens, snares and the like which have to be checked daily, therefore not an option. Totally unrealistic expectations in my opinion. It may however suit someone with plenty of free time, willing to put in numerous days a week free of charge..

It DOES NOT say 1 day a week, it says 1 days worth of work

I'm guessing they will have you doing an hour or 2 each day checking traps as per the legal requirement.

• 2 weeks later...

went through internal as usual to keeper from over road, but it was only small patch around the farm, across from the big house, so im informed, thats why it was a days worth, nobody could do osberton in a day the place is heaving with bunnys, they should let me on to sort them out, I would use my own transport and ammo

went through internal as usual to keeper from over road, but it was only small patch around the farm, across from the big house, so im informed, thats why it was a days worth, nobody could do osberton in a day the place is heaving with bunnys, they should let me on to sort them out, I would use my own transport and ammo

snap.chap.have tools for the job ,will travel