Mitsubishi cars

markm

Been to look at a ASX today for the mrs, just wondered what your opinions are about them, not many around and I don't know any owners.

It would be difficult to find much adverse to say about any Japanese Car Mark even those assembled outside of the land of the rising sun ..Ive had a few over the last 30 years including Honda, Toyota, Suzi and Mitzi.

I cant recall having any serious problems with any of them. They always seem to top the reliability, customer satisfaction, and low depreciation tables year in year out.

Like I have said before the japanese have always had a penchant for taking the best of anything and making it better. ;)

Edited by Fisherman Mike

We used to run VW as the family car but the last couple ( new and nearly new ) were mechanical disasters . Went to Mitsu and never looked back . Water ingress , electrical and clutch problems with the last Golf and Polos combined with their inability to fix them . The Mitsubishis on the other hand have been trouble free .

Until it breaks or needs servicing at which time you will cry at the prices charged by Mitsubishi dealers. If an odd fault does develop (and they do, just ask a long term HiLux :blush: L200 owner about heads and intercoolers) they can be so complex that many non-Mitsi garages can't help you.

Pretty much the opposite to an old Land Rover then - expensive to buy, economical to run, mostly reliable but expensive to repair :oops:

Edited by MaybeNextTime

I've got a 1999 Mitsy Challenger,V6 petrol, had it since it was 6 years old, it's NEVER let me down....always get's me home...I've done over 55,000 miles in it,it's on 140k miles now... it's a wee bit long in the tooth , but still does the job extremely well, and better than lots of other cars..off or on road..when this one does eventually give up the ghost, I'll be getting another...:)

My local independant garage has done all the repairs to it...no problems ,tho,must admit,that when I first got it, I wanted a new timing belt fitted, and one garage I went to ran a mile...:)

Until it breaks or needs servicing at which time you will cry at the prices charged by Mitsubishi dealers. If an odd fault does develop (and they do, just ask a long term HiLux owner about heads and intercoolers) they can be so complex that many non-Mitsi garages can't help you.

Pretty much the opposite to an old Land Rover then - expensive to buy, economical to run, mostly reliable but expensive to repair :oops:

Ahem, isnt a Hilux, a Toyota model...????

Edited by Norrie