Looking some Tips about CROWS....?

Bigamos

Ok I would normal only shoot pigeon, but a friends farm is coming down with crows.....!

So what are the best decoys, layouts, tips and hints, time of the day to shoot etc.....!

Is it possible to call them down, as they are a bit high to hit with a 12g.....

Any help would be great....

Thank You.

Get yourself a Primos Power Crow caller (£10) this is a brilliant caller if used correctly.

Also, get some floaters to put dead birds on, and a few crow decoys, no need for flocked ones,but they are a bit better.

I also use a flapper with intermittent timer, and this is brilliant for attracting the birds.

Steve.

Get yourself a Primos Power Crow caller (£10) this is a brilliant caller if used correctly.

Also, get some floaters to put dead birds on, and a few crow decoys, no need for flocked ones,but they are a bit better.

I also use a flapper with intermittent timer, and this is brilliant for attracting the birds.

Steve.

What Steve said :good: Get some deeks down, keep still and quiet, and they will come in.

Another tip. Take a bottle of water with you, and sprinkle some of the deeks. dont know why, but the light glinting on them seems to drag them down for me.

I went out crow shootin for the first time the over day... All i had was the pigeon decoys out untill i shot the first crow then just left the crow on its own then the day started 16 more crows later i had to call it a day :(. But the most important thing is camoflarge as soon as a crow sees ya it never comes back! Next day tryed shooting the same area for crows and no crows came near all day!!! But i would say a caller would be a handy thing to ave!

I'm reading lots about crow owl.....!

Do they work....

I've never had any success using owl decoys. I have tried with the little owl, and the big european eagle owl decoy, but poor results. I'm going to try a fox pelt that I skinned and tanned. I plan to put this where crows/magpies can see it, and hopefully they will mob it. I have been told that this method usually works.

Steve.

I've never had any success using owl decoys. I have tried with the little owl, and the big european eagle owl decoy, but poor results. I'm going to try a fox pelt that I skinned and tanned. I plan to put this where crows/magpies can see it, and hopefully they will mob it. I have been told that this method usually works.

Steve.

likewise plastic owl has prooved poor for me also. its illegal to use any live tethered deycoy nowadays but a big hob ferret on a lead used to work i treat or so i am told :rolleyes: the modern equivillent is the stuffed fox or cat