Stainless Tumbling Media

After procrastinating for far too long, I've decided to take the plunge and get me one of these http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/ Especially after reading some of the reviews from over the pond and seeing the results!

Before I cough up £80 in shipping charges and pay the duty etc on top, does anyone know if someone in the UK stocks these? I have spent the last few hours searching the interweb to no avail so thought I'd give you guys a go before I press the button!

If no one in the UK is selling these, someone should consider importing them as they do seem like the mutts!

Cheers

Paul :good:

After procrastinating for far too long, I've decided to take the plunge and get me one of these http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/ Especially after reading some of the reviews from over the pond and seeing the results!

Before I cough up £80 in shipping charges and pay the duty etc on top, does anyone know if someone in the UK stocks these? I have spent the last few hours searching the interweb to no avail so thought I'd give you guys a go before I press the button!

If no one in the UK is selling these, someone should consider importing them as they do seem like the mutts!

Cheers

Paul :good:

there is no one in the Uk I enquired about being the importer as my mate has got one and its superb,they wasnt interested as there cost to obtain an export permit was ridiculous,they are sending them under the rador so to speak at the moment

I use a vibrating case cleaner with walnut shell media and a teaspoon of brasso each time I use it , perfect results every time . When the media gets dirty I put it in an old pillow case and put in the washing machine on a cool wash and then in the tumble dryer . Again perfect results every time . Just make sure that the pillow case is tied up well .

Harnser .

I use a vibrating case cleaner with walnut shell media and a teaspoon of brasso each time I use it , perfect results every time . When the media gets dirty I put it in an old pillow case and put in the washing machine on a cool wash and then in the tumble dryer . Again perfect results every time . Just make sure that the pillow case is tied up well .

Harnser .

Thanks Harnser, I have a vibratory case cleaner.

This system cleans both the outside AND inside and polishes to a 'better than new' state. It also cleans the primer pockets. Doesn't matter how good your vibratory cleaner is, it won't do that.

With this I can de-cap, throw them in the cleaner and, no matter how bad to start, will, a few hours later have gleaming brass inside and out. At present I vibrate, then wipe the residue off each one before neck sizing and de-capping, then back into the vibrator to get any lube off, then into the utrasonic to do the insides, then clean the primer pockets.... I know I don't NEED to do all this but I like clean and shiny brass to work with and this system does it in one operation... bung it in, wait 4-6 hrs, take it out, dry it and that's it, brass like, or better than, new :yes:

Edited by Vipa

Have been thinking about this media for a while, looks great and has good results, but the only down side is i have a vibratory cleaner also and on there tips section it says it doesn't seem to work with them....

Q. Will your media work in a vibratory type tumbler?

A. No, the media and the water weigh too much for the average type vibratory tumblers to get any results.

Edited by bigstevouk

When this system came out I had a look at 'Rock Tumblers' .. 3 makes Thumber: Lortone: Raytech .. all variations on a theme. Considered getting just this, then stainless wire pins available commercially in the UK. ... Still a round -2-it job.

If you're needing bigger capacity have you considered a mini domestic cement mixer (non metal drum) with the pins??

I was told be someone involved in 're-conditioning' .45 ammo that they use something similar ... buy-in used case from the US ranges in 45 gal drums - clean- re-fill and sell into the market...

• 3 weeks later...

Well. my Stsinless tumbling media and tumbler arrived yesterday... Just on my third batch now...

This is like nothing I have ever seen before... the brass comes out, quite litterally, as new inside and out (if not better than new!!!) shiney (inside & out) primer pockets cleaned... absolutely amazing...

Expensive but.... worth every damned penny!!!!! The hype is ALL true!!!

Edited by Vipa

• 1 year later...