T8 Mod fitting

mosa

Just bought a T8 but the Delrin bush is just the one that came with it. When tightened onto the rifle it does not move. I have applied insulation tape around my barrel and there is no play, do you think this is good enough or not? cheers

Just bought a T8 but the Delrin bush is just the one that came with it. When tightened onto the rifle it does not move. I have applied insulation tape around my barrel and there is no play, do you think this is good enough or not? cheers

my mate put a bit of tape around his barrel just like that on his 6.5 and that shoots realy well my t8 was bored out to fit barrel (243) but his is just as good with a bit of insulation tape on it if thats any help to u

I've the same problem and only today have spoke to wild cat rifles who make them...as my rear bush is scratching the barrel of my rifle and was told to use abit of emery paper to make it abit loose as was quoted it doesn't need to be a tight fit against the barrel

Rich.

I've the same problem and only today have spoke to wild cat rifles who make them...as my rear bush is scratching the barrel of my rifle and was told to use abit of emery paper to make it abit loose as was quoted it doesn't need to be a tight fit against the barrel

Rich.

Same difference, but UK Custom Shop make the Wildcat as in the Predator 8 (P8), the T8 is Jackson Rifles!

:good::good:

The bush is only there to prevent marking the barrel when fitting or removing the mod, and it is best if there is at least a millimeter of air between it and the barrel when it is fitted.

If the bush is a tight fit it can push the mod over and affect the flight of the bullet.

The bush is only there to prevent marking the barrel when fitting or removing the mod, and it is best if there is at least a millimeter of air between it and the barrel when it is fitted.

If the bush is a tight fit it can push the mod over and affect the flight of the bullet.

I'm really not sure anyone will agree on the size of the gap, the bush DOES NOT want to be tight though.

1mm is a cavern just the same!

I'm really not sure anyone will agree on the size of the gap, the bush DOES NOT want to be tight though.

1mm is a cavern just the same!

I meant it to read 1mm clear of the barrel, ie, if the barrel is 17mm then the bush should be 18mm.

When I bought my DM80 CF2 off Dave he explained it to me.

I had been using a T8, which was a tight fit, and the DM80 bush has an ID of 18mm (on a 17mm barrel). Dave explained that the bush is only there as a guide whilst fitting, and the hole could be much larger than the barrel.