kayak fishing

mickanles

Yep as has been said OK kayaks are the standard and are great fishing platforms, but there are many more makes that are equally as good and in many cases better. Kayak fishing is a very expensive sport if you do not watch what you are spending it tends to become never ending. Take it from one who knows exactly how easy it is to spend, spend and spend. All that being said it is a great sport and well worth every penny.

216.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

Enjoy, it is such great fun,

Slangevar,

Jimmy

Cheers Terry for your nice comments, but I am no expert in the sport. Sorry Mick, I did not see the recommendation bit. You have to consider how tall, how large/heavy you are, what you want from the yak i.e. is it purly for fishing or do you want to have a bit of speed when using it. I would say that for a beginner, if you are around the 14st mark then an OK Trident 13 will do you fine. In the case that you are heavier (like me 19 1/2 stone) the OK Trident 15 is the one to go for. When I first started I got myself the 15 and can highly recommend it as a good all round yak. However the best advice you could take is to get on to a yak fishing forum and find out where the nearest meet is to you so you can go and try out some of the more popular yaks before you buy. You will find that the yak fishing community is full of really helpful guys. Try AKA, Anglian Kayak Anglers.

Slangevar,

Jimmy

Cheers Terry for your nice comments, but I am no expert in the sport. Sorry Mick, I did not see the recommendation bit. You have to consider how tall, how large/heavy you are, what you want from the yak i.e. is it purly for fishing or do you want to have a bit of speed when using it. I would say that for a beginner, if you are around the 14st mark then an OK Trident 13 will do you fine. In the case that you are heavier (like me 19 1/2 stone) the OK Trident 15 is the one to go for. When I first started I got myself the 15 and can highly recommend it as a good all round yak. However the best advice you could take is to get on to a yak fishing forum and find out where the nearest meet is to you so you can go and try out some of the more popular yaks before you buy. You will find that the yak fishing community is full of really helpful guys. Try AKA, Anglian Kayak Anglers.

Slangevar,

Jimmy

DSCF0225.jpg

That looks lime the day you were trying out the OK 13 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...