fly fishing in surrey

flash

i am looking to hopefully go for a spot of ly fishing this weekend and was wandering if anybody knows of a decent lake in surrey, i am not looking to pay a fortune but maybe about £20 for half a day.

any help would be good.

cheers, flash

I fished Albury a year ago, but I didn't suggest it, as I believe I paid close to £50 for the day.

Its a nice place, but it was quite busy and (as a result) the fishing was hard, I struggled to get my limit.

The smaller Fisheries don't often get on Internet Search Engines, I usually contact Fishing Tackle Shops in the areas I want to fish and see if they know of anywhere.

The Fisheries normally drop a load of brochures in those places at the beginning of every season. :)

Fished Albury, got my first rainbow there on the fly, it's not too far from you, and also i might be doing some flying in Syon Park (it's near chiswick or something) owned by same people. I fished the one with 2 lakes next to each other there, very good. I also went on a children fly fishing course got another 3 there :)

Good luck,

Haz :oops:

albury is the one i was looking at as a friend fishes their, on this lake the day of fidhing is £10 and two fish is another £10 on that, and if you dont catch anything those tickets can be used the next time u come.

it sounds good.

flash

You are supposed to work that out when you get there Flash :D

I haven't fished it, but I could easily guess that at this time of year a damsel, or a buzzer would be a good start.

Go where there is very little signs of back activity, or where all the other don't go - that normally works. Look for surface activity, if there isn't any you will need to go down a little bit, either a floating line with a sinking leader or an intermediate.

Fish somewhere that has had the wind pushing into it, if there is any natural food in there it will be pushed that way.

If nymphs aren't working, try anything green and black, a viva would be be good choice.

Lets see the pictures on Monday :D

EDIT: Have read of this as well chum...

Albury

Edited by stuartp

no luck, the lake wasnt fishing well and what laso added to the non existent back was that i didnt pack any sinking line and the fish wernt surface feeding so no luck.

well done on those two fish stuart.

cheers

flash

Bad luck mate, the weather with you would have been the same as for us, which was not good, bright but with a bitter wind. I have only just got that reel loaded up with floating line and haven't loaded the spare spool with intermediate line yet so I was a bit knackered in that respect as well.

As you can see I have to resort to a bit of a lure to get down to where they were, not realy my kind of fishing but we were there so we weren't about to come home.

I will give it another go go in a couple of weeks, hopefully the conditions will be a bit better by then...