Moderator on your FAC

ellebarto

The last time I swapped a .22 I put in my variation for the new gun but did nothing with the moderator even though I swapped the old one for a new one. They were both SAK's. I now want to swap my HMR SAK for a Wildcat Whisper and I've been told I need to apply for a variation for this.

Is that right and have I just been lucky previously with the .22? I assume I just need to show the sale of the SAK moderator and ask for permission for the Wildcat? Do they let you just apply for a 2nd moderator or is it a mod for each gun?

Any advice appreciated.

you won't be able to PX it - as the RFD will then want it entered on the ticket.

but you could buy the A-Tec for an "air rifle" and just keep both - the SAK then becoming your "air rifle" moderator.

But where do I buy an "air rifle" a-Tec from that also happens to be ok for my T3 should I ever need it to be?

You can have any mod you want to use on your air rifle. I bought a Wildcat not all that long ago to do just that. Then the NVN mod you had listed before happens to be a Wildacat - simple! :good:

It is a grey area but without any written proof of otherwise who is going to complain? Even my FEO thinks it's a good idea to avoid the paperwork!

when i got my .22lr the dealer put just moderator nvn no visible name

so if i wanted to change it i could,

witch was handy as when it came to zero gun in shots were all over the place turned out to be mod at fault so took it back and he swapped no probs, had a parker hale and changed it for sirocco

colin