crow/magpie calling

kevmag

i can call crows in but can't get them to land to get a shoot at them. I'am using a .22 rifle. Any suggestions.

Thanks must try it. I have a magpie decoy which works most of the time, but the crows are the hards to get. Might just get a crow decoy.

Do they land beside the decoy or just on the trees around it.

Can any body tell me please what you should blowing down your crow caller i believe their are certain calls any body give us a clue i just try copying what they are doing ? :hmm: i had one response and hit him with side by side spanish 12 bore :lol: most of the time they seem to carry on going whats the crack :good: yes i have deeks out :good:

Thanks for reponse, but i still can't get them to land. I have tryed using bait with eggs in a nest and also using the call less but they still fly around and don't land.

yea i'd have countless crows got if i had one. :yes:

Edited by kevmag

Jackdaws and Magpies hitting the fat balls put out for songbirds. .22 springers (Gamos) are doing the business in our garden - a shotty would be a bit extreme and annoy our tree hugging neighbours. Annoyed that I could not get a clear shot at a magpie yesterday that was hitting a blackbird nest...............we will get it in due course.