bisley open day 29th april

flash

Not as good as last year, There were too many queues. Last year they had 800 people register, this year they had 1400.

The queues were up to an hour on everything, Still I managed 1 V bull 3 bulls and 1 4 on the Mcqueen, which is a precision snap shooting discipline at 300 yds.

The black powder pistols were fun as usual although I shot 6 rounds at my target and when it came back there were 10 holes in it! someone obviously firing at the wrong one.

The .357 underlever rifles are always worth a go, 5 rounds in as many seconds. Billy the Kidd eat your heart out.

Cheers

Martin

Well shot Martin.

I was one of the RO's on the McQueen shoot up to about 1pm and we had some excellent brand new shooters through. One 14 year old lad I RO'ed was no bigger than 4 1/2 foot and had never shot before. He shot one of the .308 Accuracy International look alike Remington 700 sniper rifles and got 3 hits out of 5 on the 6 inch diameter black bull and 1 in the white zone - very very impressive indeed for never having shot a gun before and then doing it with a rifle most fully grown men have trouble handling ! :angry:

I also saw one guy get 5 out of 5 on the scoring zone and he only had 1 arm !! That was going some. :angry:

The queues were very long and people were waiting up to 2 hours to shoot some stages - but they all seemed in good spirits despite the chill wind !

The one thing Inoticed on the Mcqueen was the muzzle blast from the rifle next door. Fortunatly he was shooting quickly and I had time to sight and shoot.

The rifle I used was an Accuracy international, nice rifle but it had a very small butt pad on it. The one that I used for the dry fire training was a Remington 700 that looked brand new.

I really enjoy the open days at Bisley and the people are always friendly and willing to help.

Cheers

Martin