bisley open day 29th april

flash

one the 29th april there is an open day at bisley, where you can fire loads of different weapons such as shotguns, sniper rifles and air rifles, there are also loads of stands there selling shooting realted articles such as rifles and shotguns and the rest of the parafenalia that you could ever want.

maybe a PW member meet up for a laugh.

cheers

flash

I have been to the last 2 of these and they are great fun. especially the muzzle loaders and the the black powder pistols.

The Mcqueen on century is good if you are quick at taking shots.

I will be there all day shooting everything I can lay my hands on.

Cheers

MC

Flash,

No you do not need to be accompanied by an adult although some of the shooting has an age limit. Check out the NRA website at www.nra.org.uk and they explain what you can and can't do. Most of the limits are 14 years so you will be OK

Cheers

Martin

Flash,

No you do not need to be accompanied by an adult although some of the shooting has an age limit. Check out the NRA website at www.nra.org.uk and they explain what you can and can't do. Most of the limits are 14 years so you will be OK

Cheers

Martin

Is there anything there apart from trying out guns lads? (I had enough of that at the weekend :good: )

There is Archery,

How can you have enough of trying out guns?

Cheers

Martin

:unsure: :blink: Confirms what I always thought, I am just not keen enough!

I went to a range day on Saturday and shot off over 100 rounds, that was enough for me, interesting watching 'enthusiasts' firing 10 shot single slug pump action 12 bores and .50 calibres firing tracer :good:

Tenbears,

It costs £6 to register and then you buy vouchers and it depends what you shoot. Most of the fullbore stuff is £4 per 5 shots.

It is a good day out and a lot of fun can be had for £20

Cheers

Martin

They remove the need for an FAC to try out any rifles.

EDIT looks like it is from the details on the NRA site B)

"NRA Open Day (National Shooting Centre (NSC), Bisley)

The NSC is holding another series of Open Days following the success of the events held in 2004 and 2005. Visitors will be able to try one-to-one coaching on Shotgun, Gallery Rifle, Target Rifle, Sniper and Historical Arms as well as archery and laser clays, to name but a few. Age restrictions will apply to children under 14 years of age for some shooting activities and all children must be accompanied by an adult. All visitors wishing to shoot will have to register and produce a form of ID, once individuals have registered you will be able to buy vouchers that you may redeem at any of the activities. The NRA Museum will also be open and entry is free. "

Edited by stuartp

at the day they have a variety of different weapons to use from , pump actions to sniper rifles and an FAC is not needed as you use it under the supervision of a qualified coach. it is good fun and you can use a variety of different weapons, from what i can remember there are also stalls selling shooting related stuff including riles, airguns, shotguns etc.

im going on saturday if all works out, so i m ay be able to show you where to go on it as it can be quite complicated to find all the ranges.

cheers

flash