zeroing 243 winchester

Hi guys after a bit of advice. Zeroed at 100 yard with 90g ppu ammo with good grouping, 100 yard fine but 150 yard plus cant hit a thing. Just loaded my own 55g balistic tipped so hoping to get a straighter shooting round. in your opinions what range should i be zeroing at and at what ranges do i need to aim high ect.

Thanks

http://www.handloads.com/calc/

Need to go on the range to verify.

I would stick with one bullet weight for 243 otherwise you have to re-zero and remember two ballistic charts.

I aim bang on at upto 200 yards with a 7x scope or slightly higher on the animal. 3" drop still hits the deer or fox.

To be able to aim off at different distances is not easy and 243 is pretty flat.

Sorry you say it will make it an inch or so high at 100 do you mean i would have to aim an inch or 2 high ????

nope when you aim at a given point at 100 yards the bullet will hit an inch or so high. Really the best option is to zero it at 100 yards to start then try the target at 150 and then 200 to get an idea for yourself what is going on. Then you can think about zeroing it at 200 which will give you the flattest trajectory

Hi guys after a bit of advice. Zeroed at 100 yard with 90g ppu ammo with good grouping, 100 yard fine but 150 yard plus cant hit a thing. Just loaded my own 55g balistic tipped so hoping to get a straighter shooting round. in your opinions what range should i be zeroing at and at what ranges do i need to aim high ect.

Thanks

If the PRVI groups at 100 yards it groups at 150, it's you.

Nobody can tell you what range to zero at, YOU work that out for the distance/type of shots you most commonly take.

IF you are making some home brews you will only ever find out where they shoot by using them! :good: