Finally got them!

f.a.c.sam

Well after a number of unsuccessful trips out recently just squatting in the hedge line in jeans and a t shirt I decided to finally embrace the camo. Went out and bought myself a full gilly suit with balaclava, then got myself some deben realtree APG HD netting and some decoys. We got in place around 6pm and decoyed until about 10pm by which time we had ran out of cartridges but the birds were still coming, we were just under where they come into roost so they didn't have much choice but to fly over us. Just goes to show all these times I sniggered at people in full camo, they were wearing it for a bloody good reason. I'm converted, might even camo up the old silver pig next. We ended up with 28 blackies, 3 rabbits and a pigeon. Can't wait to get out again and see if it was a one off.

Sam

post-14232-0-30010100-1308085985.jpg

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully get out again this weekend see how we get on. Has anyone tried the old egg in a nest trick that I read in the BASC magazine last month, might give it try and see if it makes any difference. Found that the pigeons didn't really want to come into the crow decoys, I'd have thought that would have made them less wary, has anyone found this as well. Is it best to put a couple of pigeon deeks out there too?