Government response to the HASC report

Hi,

I'm beginning to wonder if the coalition will ever respond to the HASC report. Last I heard, James Brokenshire MP promised at the commons debate on 20/12 that the coalition would provide a response in two months. Typically, we haven't heard anything since. Appreciate the wheels of government turn slowly but it's interesting that we haven't heard anything for a while.

Perhaps the gov are still waiting for the dust to settle before changing very little. But would be nice if they simplified existing legislation and standardised the application and renewal processes.

Thoughts?

Martyn,

I think that they said, 'Early summer'. I agree. I was anticipating a response during the first half of June.

Nothing at the moment. Either they are keeping very tight lipped or they've not made any firm proposals (which might get leaked).

We'll just have to wait and see.

Andy

Hi,

I'm beginning to wonder if the coalition will ever respond to the HASC report. Last I heard, James Brokenshire MP promised at the commons debate on 20/12 that the coalition would provide a response in two months. Typically, we haven't heard anything since. Appreciate the wheels of government turn slowly but it's interesting that we haven't heard anything for a while.

Perhaps the gov are still waiting for the dust to settle before changing very little. But would be nice if they simplified existing legislation and standardised the application and renewal processes.

Thoughts?

Do you really think that standardisation is ever going to happen.

On a personal and somewhat selfish note I hope nothing changes, Devon and Cornwall have always treated me exceedingly well and provided me with a superb professional service. Standardisation to the same poor service and interpretation given by some forces............no thank you.

All that's needed is for the poor, sloppy performers to be told to get their act together.

I don't think many have the ability to change much at the moment. I recently moved with that I had my cabinet installation and house security checked by a phone call :oops: that said ours are spot on so really if it helps them clear the simple stuff and improve service then it can only be a good thing.