Price for Bunny Bashing session?

Before anyone posts a reply to my question please make sure that you read the first part of this post. I regularly take Pigeon Watch Members and Members or our Gun Club out on my permissions in the day times for Pigeons and crows etc, and in the evenings and for nights lamping for rabbits and foxes. I have never charged them for the priveledge and wouldn't dream of it, I have even refused to accept anything for my fuel costs. Anyway, I don't think I enough rabbits or foxes to warrant it anyway, with me it's a case of if they are there and you are on my permission with me you can shoot them, if they are not there in numbers then you have lost nothing except the bit of ebergy used while walking! So let's make it clear that I am not interested in offering organised evenings or lamping nights and I am asking this question purely out of interest.

If you were "a bit short on the permission side of things" what price would you pay for an evenings shooting or a nights lamping?

Hi All

my personal thoughts are i would like to think with rabbit and fox that the person offering to take out people would do it as a good will gesture and use it to meet and shear there experiences. I don't believe that people should be selling days but thats just me.

Deer to me are different in that the ground is normally paid for. As nearly everyone knows that deer have a monetary value. If someone is lucky enough to get there permission for free then good luck to them and long should it remain the same.

but charging for rabbit and fox in my opinion is just wrong. not going to get in an argument about it with anyone its just my opinion.

But i all so feel that the hole charging for an outing normally requires more insurance i know one of the insurance company's cover you for taking out clients wile stalking but not sure if they cover you for other activity's, but i am a member of the said organization and could find out if required.

Another point i would like to mention is if i was to go out with someone on there land i would like to see the farmers permission for said person to allow someone to shoot on there land and paying for the privilege.

as most permissions i have seen normally state i give xxx permission to shoot xxx and xxx on my land, normally no mention of a gust. and i have never saw it with permission for a paying guest. as i believe only the farmer/ farmers can give this authorization. and i for one would like to see it before i went out and risked my license and possibly freedom on a few rabbits.

thats my take on it and i refuse to get in to an argument about deer are the same as rabbit as if you can not tell the difference then I'm not going to convince you.

ATB

Colin

PS I thought forums where set up to help people not profit from there misfortunes.

I'd probably ring around one of my many contacts and have the odd day with them, as they would be welcome to do so with me if they were stuck.

If I was on my own with no contacts? I'd probably just join a gun club to hold onto my rifles until I could find new ground. I'm lucky that I deal with a lot of country folk, I'll never be completely without shooting. I've got three regular farms and another half a dozen I casually shoot if/when I fancy it. On top of that I've got another ten or more who would write me a permission slip to save my guns if it came to it.

It's very hard to put a value on something like that. I certainly wouldn't pay any more than I would for a day ticket at a fishing lake. £20 maybe? I can get Deer stalking for £50 and that's assuming my own land dries up.

Out of all of the replies so far I think "col48" has summed up the way that I feel about things the best and almost mirrored my feelings about the situation of being asked to pay for rabbit shooting on someone elses permission!

Well said "col48"! :good: