My first two Fallow bucks

After spending three days in Scotland with an instructor, I successfully tracked and shot my first two bucks, and had a good look at how to grallock (probably wrong spelling). I liked it so much that I decided I will go for a DSC1 and DSC 2 certification and join a stalking syndicate up there. The only problem is I probably need to buy another freezer, as the two beasts have filled my freezer and fridge... ;)

Edited by Psyxologos

Well done!

The correct term is "Gralloching" or to "Gralloch"

This site might help you with further information - http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/

Do you already have a Deer legal rifle?

Thanks for that. Yes, I have a .308 but I did not use it, as my FAC states I am only allowed to use it for targets at this stage. I used the Estate rifle.

nice one were they shot under an exemption or was it in season. Its very very addictive I have to say

Fallow bucks under exemption, yes. God, I had to work hard to get to them within safe shooting distance and a proper backstop though...

Edited by Psyxologos

Another PW classic post, only thing missing is a picture

But........I will add, in Scotland in particular some places are quite 'flexible' with what can be classed as enclosed land. I have some stalking and the broken down stone walls and totally collapsed deer fence are enough according to the DCS for it to be defined as 'enclosed', so red stags and roe bucks can be legally shot year round.

our forestry is clossed as enclosed so amles can be shot all year. but we also have tickets to shoot at night and we had does out of season once too

Is your land Forestry commission? I was told that they lamp the deer regularly. My instructor was fuming with them and he said he would never lease their land because of that.