explain this

oneshot1986

hi this was a shot taken well decoying over peas the pigeon was around 30yrds it was shot with a yildiz 28inch barrel and the barrel was 1/2 choke the cartridge was a eley hb pigeon 32gr with 6.5 shot the same as i always use dont know what happened to explain this happening have you lads or lasses got any ideas what caused it post-39897-0-67480300-1309985342.jpg

i think if you shot a pigeon 2 to 3 times at 3yrds there would be nothing left do you not under stand the power of a shotgun at a range of 3yrds obviously not i think the first reply could be right that the lead was clumping or didnt spread as it should thanks just thought that it might of happened to other members of the forum

i think if you shot a pigeon 2 to 3 times at 3yrds there would be nothing left do you not under stand the power of a shotgun at a range of 3yrds obviously not i think the first reply could be right that the lead was clumping or didnt spread as it should thanks just thought that it might of happened to other members of the forum

Trust me, I do know what a shotgun will do to a pigeon at very close range.

Like I said I've seen it first hand.

Here we are, shot by an ex-PW member late last year. Can't remember if it was 2 or 3 shots, but they were 12g 32g no.6's.

I was stood next to him when the bird was shot, and it landed right between us in the hide.

PIGEON003.jpg

Looks very similar to yours :rolleyes:

it wasnt very deep there was shot in there the only thing i thought it could be a bad cartridge it was a hb pigeon because i checked the cartridge after i shot and it was only one barrel 2 didnt go off i have always used these cartridges and this has never happened before

hi this was a shot taken well decoying over peas the pigeon was around 30yrds it was shot with a yildiz 28inch barrel and the barrel was 1/2 choke the cartridge was a eley hb pigeon 32gr with 6.5 shot the same as i always use dont know what happened to explain this happening have you lads or lasses got any ideas what caused it post-39897-0-67480300-1309985342.jpg

did it try to fly down your barral for safety. only joking good shot. did you still count it.

Hello Mate, I have stopped using 32grm 6.5 shot for the exact reason you have shown. 2 years ago I was a guest at a local shoot over the Christmas period and I fired 6 cartridges and shot 5 pheasanrs. When I got home and checked the birds, only 2 were fit for cooking. The other 3 were as you have shown. I think 28 grm 7s are man enough for birds meant for the pot.