foir the serious accuracy people

This sounds great but it costs a fortune to post the stuff in any worthwhile quantity sort of negates the savings some

up to 30kilos £12/£15 thats a lot of brass,so a lot of saving,to send 100 cases is about £5/£6 if that,so again not expensive for the end result it produces

not expensive but both ways its getting up towards the cost of 100 lapua new cases in some calibers when you add on the cost to anneal.

I'm guessing some target bods may be interested but for field use it isn't really going to show much benefit.

not expensive but both ways its getting up towards the cost of 100 lapua new cases in some calibers when you add on the cost to anneal.

I'm guessing some target bods may be interested but for field use it isn't really going to show much benefit.

I dont know where your buying Lapua but last time I priced them up £70 for 243,thats a long way from about £28

infact just looked on Midway UK 100 Lapua caes in 243 is now over £100

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/browse?BrandID=1270&Brand=Lapua&categoryid=7360&categorystring=9315 *** 652 *** 670 *** 9013 ***

still think about £28 is expensive :rolleyes:

Edited by Ackley

up to 30kilos £12/£15 thats a lot of brass,so a lot of saving,to send 100 cases is about £5/£6 if that,so again not expensive for the end result it produces

yeah, your not going to send thirty kg though as one individual. i so think the costs of back and forwards positing on say 200 past thier best cases is touching on being unwise, better to aneal sooner rarther than too late. For me personally i should rather buy good brass look after it (by just gently bushing the necks in the main) then junk it, in "common calibres" the cost aint too much to bear when your getting say ten reloads. But some calibres are extortionate to get brass for though and if you shoot an improved case its certainly going to give you more life from your gun as your missing out a shed load of fireforming. For me i would use it but only if it was say left at a club locally collected in mass by courier along with others and then returned in one big delivery

I dont know where your buying Lapua but last time I priced them up £70 for 243,thats a long way from about £28

infact just looked on Midway UK 100 Lapua caes in 243 is now over £100

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/browse?BrandID=1270&Brand=Lapua&categoryid=7360&categorystring=9315 *** 652 *** 670 *** 9013 ***

still think about £28 is expensive :rolleyes:

all depends what you use and where you get it from,

http://kentammosupplies.co.uk/page6a.html

you're saying its best done every few uses whereas the lapua seems to be pretty good up to 10 times so it looks cheaper to just buy decent brass and be done with it, then bin it when you have issues.

After all you have to get the brass to start with so you've either got to buy it or use factory its not that often free so there are other associated costs.

Edited by al4x

all depends what you use and where you get it from,

http://kentammosupplies.co.uk/page6a.html

you're saying its best done every few uses whereas the lapua seems to be pretty good up to 10 times so it looks cheaper to just buy decent brass and be done with it, then bin it when you have issues.

After all you have to get the brass to start with so you've either got to buy it or use factory its not that often free so there are other associated costs.

still expensive brass thats if they have any in stock,as to getting 10 fireings form 1 case,how hard do you think the neck will become ?? why throw them away when they can be brought back to life for a small price,obviously you have never annealed and have no idea of the benifit

as i said "its for people who want serious accuracy"

Edited by Ackley

having a look at them the machines are 500 bucks or so and the yanks seem to like them, not too bad if they can do 500-600 cases an hour. They seem to really be useful if you use an odd size with really expensive brass or as said one of the AI calibers.

For terget shooting where you use a lot of ammo it is probably of more use than in the field where you probably don't use enough rounds, for me 5 firings of a batch of lapua will be a couple of years minimum.

still expensive brass thats if they have any in stock,as to getting 10 fireings form 1 case,how hard do you think the neck will become ?? why throw them away when they can be brought back to life for a small price,obviously you have never annealed and have no idea of the benifit

as i said "its for people who want serious accuracy"

What do you class as serious accuracy?

I have shot a 3" 8 shot group at 500 yards and one a little over 10" with 15 rounds at 1000 yards. This is all with standard issued ammunition.

RG L42A3 155gr to be precise. I doubt they had the neck anealed

What do you class as serious accuracy?

I have shot a 3" 8 shot group at 500 yards and one a little over 10" with 15 rounds at 1000 yards. This is all with standard issued ammunition.

RG L42A3 155gr to be precise. I doubt they had the neck anealed

well done,sounds you dont need any help

Edited by Ackley