the cow sheds

david84h

Well i got a phone call of a farmer to clearer some rooks from is cow shed as he feeds bread to fatten beefers up fast.so i got there at 2.00pm in 2 hours i had 22 down and 2 magpies he is happy but i have alot more to get he is plauged with them a return trip later this week

I had the same request by a farmer. Took the 20 bore Hushpower and shot 60 in two hours :) one happy farmer who even gave me £20 for my petrol!

Thats a bonus mate i might take the 410 next time i had the air rifle this time

Nice work fella.

Me and my father run a dairy herd and we are tortured with crows in the calf house eating the flaked maize out of the meal etc.

I usually hit them first thing in the morning before milking time around 6 am and get 4-5 depending on how much time I have.

I usually find that this scares them off for a while until around 3-4pm when they seem to come in hundreds as I have disrupted their early morning feed and they seem to be so hungry now and thats when I get the most.

There is a few old building and a build up of high trees down our fields and this is where the breed and there are thousands and I mean thousands of them.

Garry

Nice work fella.

Me and my father run a dairy herd and we are tortured with crows in the calf house eating the flaked maize out of the meal etc.

I usually hit them first thing in the morning before milking time around 6 am and get 4-5 depending on how much time I have.

I usually find that this scares them off for a while until around 3-4pm when they seem to come in hundreds as I have disrupted their early morning feed and they seem to be so hungry now and thats when I get the most.

There is a few old building and a build up of high trees down our fields and this is where the breed and there are thousands and I mean thousands of them.

Garry

Sure it's not millions Pinocchio? :rolleyes:

Nice work fella.

Garry

It's like that at my father in-laws farm i had a ride around with him today and he said i need to get them thinned out so i might have a blast at them tomorrow afternoon he as spreading slurry so it should be fun

It's like that at my father in-laws farm i had a ride around with him today and he said i need to get them thinned out so i might have a blast at them tomorrow afternoon he as spreading slurry so it should be fun

Spreading slurry and fun are two things that you don't often hear in the same sentence, especially if the wind is in the wrong direction! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, I find that some of my best corvid shooting sessions are just after muck spreading, go for it mate! :good:

Spreading slurry and fun are two things that you don't often hear in the same sentence, especially if the wind is in the wrong direction! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, I find that some of my best corvid shooting sessions are just after muck spreading, go for it mate! :good:

I know but it is bloody fun the problem is i used work on a farm and breakfast followed mucking out so it makes me bloody hungry