ammo prices in herts help needed plz

See if Barnet Gun Shop are still selling Geko .243, its 105 grain so heavy but uses rws bullets so its good stuff and last I saw it was £20 a box of 20 or £46 for 50 which is reasonable if your rifle can push the weight of bullet accuratly, which my scout can. I believe it is a bit barrel specific, so I would suggest trying a box before buying several. (plus the cases seem pretty good so, shoul dbe good for reloading). Not sure what their .17 is running at the mo. Park street are asking around the £14 per 50 mark.

Edited by Newsportshooter

Have you tried AMMOZONE in Harpenden? Our club buys thousands at a time off him. His stock is a bit variable but its always worth a check.

Other than that the guy in Bracknell is pretty good www.tfsa.co.uk and its not as afar as you think. He's usually got plenty for about £11 a box.

Edited by Vince Green

thx a lot stelth gave him a call but he was all out of 243 but will try him a again seems a like a nice person to deal with. as for AMMOZONE in Harpenden ill give them a call but they seem to be all out of 243s as well but its always nice to learn of new places to look.

Have you tried AMMOZONE in Harpenden? Our club buys thousands at a time off him.

Vince, have you got any more details on this chap?

Harpenden is only a bike ride away from me, and if he sells primers / powders and the like I could well be interested.

Edit - Found a link http://www.ammo-zone.co.uk/

Edited by garyb