Webley & Scott 28 Bore

welshwarrior

Guest cookoff013

The 3" 28 is on the way back- not for magnum loads this time, but because non-toxic loads take up more space in the case. The extra 1/4" makes life easier for all concerned.

ive a little doubt to that, as most "game" nontoxics are softer tungsten type and usually on par with the density of lead.

the maximum shotsize allowed by cip in a 12gauge 70mm case, is steel #3 thats classed as non high performance.

the maximum shotsize for a 20 gauge is a steel 6, in a cartridge classed as non high performance.

this info is freely available, check it out.

"theoreticley" if the cip had their way, the restriction would be #9 shot maximum (due to bore dimentions). and you`d only shoot 1/2 oz or 5/8oz of steel, because the wads `d be thicker, etc.

all that hassle to crack off 14grams of #9 steel? i hardly see any uses.

I'm thinking of selling a 28 bore if anyone is interested,it's a Lincoln Premier,over and under with a single trigger and ejectors.I bought it for my son as his first gun when he was 11,because he was small set at the time i had the stock shortened by 2 inches and also 2 inches off the barrells to balance it out,the work was done by the gunsmith at Brandesburton shooting ground where i bought the gun from so it's been done properly,not just chopped up,i still have the section of stock so it can be re attached if needed,and the box that it came in.It's a cracking first gun for a child,with little recoil but plenty of poke, and it served my son well til he was big enough for a bigger one.There are a few little scratches on the underneath of the stock where he caught on his cartridge belt once or twice but they are nothing major and could be removed if necessary.It has'nt been used for a while so we where thinking of either chopping it in for a 3 shot semi auto or selling it private,if anyone is interested send me a PM and i'll send some photo.s.

I'm thinking of selling a 28 bore if anyone is interested,it's a Lincoln Premier,over and under with a single trigger and ejectors.I bought it for my son as his first gun when he was 11,because he was small set at the time i had the stock shortened by 2 inches and also 2 inches off the barrells to balance it out,the work was done by the gunsmith at Brandesburton shooting ground where i bought the gun from so it's been done properly,not just chopped up,i still have the section of stock so it can be re attached if needed,and the box that it came in.It's a cracking first gun for a child,with little recoil but plenty of poke, and it served my son well til he was big enough for a bigger one.There are a few little scratches on the underneath of the stock where he caught on his cartridge belt once or twice but they are nothing major and could be removed if necessary.It has'nt been used for a while so we where thinking of either chopping it in for a 3 shot semi auto or selling it private,if anyone is interested send me a PM and i'll send some photo.s.

BEst off putting it on gun watch its free http://www.gunwatch.co.uk/ but if the barrels are chopped does that mean it's true cylinder in both? or did it have multi chokes put back in?