Computer problem

Edward

Hi guys

bit of a bamboozling one here

I have just replaced my graphics card from an old ati to recent compatible nvidia. I did as I read on the internet unistalled the old drivers, shut down, swap cards, restart install new drivers and restart. my problems come when I restart after installing the new drivers. it just freezes on the windows loading screen.

I have been all day at this I have tried 4 differnt drivers (latest nvidia, the ones on the disc, the latest asus nvidia and the asus nvidia previous v) driver cleaners, safe mode works, restting the bios. I have tried everything I can think of.

Any ideas? :hmm:

I had same thing happen - new updated graphics and spent most of day on it - in end put old one back in and binned new one in temper then threw away handbook to card in my new computer by mistake-- Grrrrrrrr!

Go to forums on here and do a search in computer section. http://www.avforums.com/

Sorry can't help but you are not alone.

Dave

You could always go onto the nvidia site, download and install the most up to date drivers for the new card (while the old one is in and everything is working) THEN put the new card in and try booting up.

Edited by Vipa

You could always go onto the nvidia site, download and install the most up to date drivers for the new card (while the old one is in and everything is working) THEN put the new card in and try booting up.

It wont intall them becuase it cant find a nvidia card :look:

Im going to have a chat with the chap from the computer shop.