Helpful or hindering?!

tarn2215

Bad press? really?

I think there is the odd one or 2 shooters and coaches on the scene who have taken a dislike to her and therefore I have been at competitions where they have been sat saying some rather unfriendly things. Could be jealousy though. Have you met her?

I think there is the odd one or 2 shooters and coaches on the scene who have taken a dislike to her and therefore I have been at competitions where they have been sat saying some rather unfriendly things. Could be jealousy though. Have you met her?

No not met her, interested as to why a coach would have "bad press" that's all

Mungler we should ask for a few pics of the lady in question would be better, so we can all assess her talent "shooting talent I should add" ;-) but a detailed description should do for now! Lol

ATB figgy

I did ask that yesterday but my post has been removed ???

shaun

No not met her, interested as to why a coach would have "bad press" that's all

The bad press hasn't been for her coaching abilities it has been for the fact that she has got far on various boards with in the shooting world, and there are a handful who believe that as they have been in the game longer they should have been given the chance to do some of the things she does

As always it all depends, some chap tapping you on the shoulder saying you`re behind mate and walking off is one undesirable extreme. Then again I often end up watching beginners making a complete hash of things and obviously being in some distress not knowing what to do (I have also had to step in and correct gun handling itself).

What I usually do is look around to see if their dad or someone is present and kind of ask them with body language if they think advice would be acceptable. I have never had an occasion where it`s been a problem, some even try to give you a few cartridges afterwards.

You wait till they have fired then say something like hi, you`re doing most things right but there is no need to shoot 40 yards in front :yes: , then using my fist to simulate a clay and a finger to show the barrel I visibly try and reinforce the picture they need to see and say things like these two need to be molesting each other to get a break, put your barrel here before you say pull, put the bead on the clay and shoot at it. Balls of dust nearly always ensue which is an awful lot better than the guy walking off the stand feeling dejected and humiliated probably never to want to come back again.

As always it all depends, some chap tapping you on the shoulder saying you`re behind mate and walking off is one undesirable extreme. Then again I often end up watching beginners making a complete hash of things and obviously being in some distress not knowing what to do (I have also had to step in and correct gun handling itself).

What I usually do is look around to see if their dad or someone is present and kind of ask them with body language if they think advice would be acceptable. I have never had an occasion where it`s been a problem, some even try to give you a few cartridges afterwards.

You wait till they have fired then say something like hi, you`re doing most things right but there is no need to shoot 40 yards in front :yes: , then using my fist to simulate a clay and a finger to show the barrel I visibly try and reinforce the picture they need to see and say things like these two need to be molesting each other to get a break, put your barrel here before you say pull, put the bead on the clay and shoot at it. Balls of dust nearly always ensue which is an awful lot better than the guy walking off the stand feeling dejected and humiliated probably never to want to come back again.

Wise words - I think there are different situations and people should way this up before sticking their oar in and I think your approach is a sensible

and polite way to do so. If I see unsafe shooting or gun handling I am not frightened to speak up or if I see a novice who may hurt themselves by

mis-mounting etc I will also intervene but the situation has to right.