reapply after a revoke

ronttuk

has anyone re applied for a fac after theirs has been revoked im getting ready to re apply soon just wonderd if it was even harder slower etc.

of course it will be, after all they took it from you once for whatever reason so everything will get done by the book and very thoroughly a second time.

I had my certs taken away in 2007 due to a family matter i got arrested for non violent harassment and threatening behavior, the 5 yrs is nearly up so im going to re apply soon

Sorry to say but someone very close to me was in the same boat, a domestic occurance where the guns were given up voluntarily (to stop anyone suggesting they had been used in a threataning manner) and even had a letter to say that the disagreement went out of hand from the other party involved and they still did not get a cert....along with letters from 3 or 4 professional characters to back up the fact he was no threat to the public or himself....

It takes a few re-applications i think, I bet you they call you in on the first application and say "we have called you in because we are not going to grant the cert and we thought you may get upset at this" - this is to see if you loose the rag and start ranting...I have heard of this on 3 occasions now....

It's a silly and unfair system in that a man who is involved in a domestic disturbance can hand his guns over to prevent any trouble and then have his cert taken and be VERY difficult to get back...

on another note, I am a member of BASC and so not bashing them altogether but in the case i know of they were as much use as breasts on a Brahma....

Regards,

Gixer