How do know what air is left in a bottle

Fat toad

Hi all I brought a new 7lit air bottle valve and attachment all work up to 300 bar the dive shop filled it up he said he put in 260 as is hose is only tested for that so now I will get less shots should I try to find a shop that will fill up to 300bar or is 260 the norm with all shops.And also how do I make the gage tell me what's left in the bottle do I fit a blank then open valve and read gage ???? I can fill the rifle ok it's 200bar but I don't know when to fill the bottle again thankyou for any advise

do I fit a blank then open valve and read gage ????

Yup, just about the only way. I use the Best-Fittings quick-couplers on my bottles, they include a blank for just this job. You obviously waste a bit of air doing it, so it's something I do very rarely. In fact, only to check that I've got a 300bar fill to start with !

Yer rip off and is prices for divers is about what you said are you in the north mate as the other forums say it's cheaper north of London and you have more choice of gun retailers Kent is awful for all hobbies you can never get what you want I've always had to travel or post morning moan over Frank

Yer rip off and is prices for divers is about what you said are you in the north mate as the other forums say it's cheaper north of London and you have more choice of gun retailers Kent is awful for all hobbies you can never get what you want I've always had to travel or post morning moan over Frank

I guess that you are based in the Folkstone area. I've found the converse to you - Kent as a whole has quite a lot of gunshops- admittedly a number of them would be a trip up the M20 for you

Ive found that a lot of peopleworking in ther gun trade in East Kent wh operate from their home addresses though - Folkstone has a cracking gunsmith who operates in this manner BTW.

I'm sure that you will find someone cheaper fairly local - just don't necessarily expect a glossy shop though !

I guess that you are based in the Folkstone area. I've found the converse to you - Kent as a whole has quite a lot of gunshops- admittedly a number of them would be a trip up the M20 for you

Ive found that a lot of peopleworking in ther gun trade in East Kent wh operate from their home addresses though - Folkstone has a cracking gunsmith who operates in this manner BTW.

I'm sure that you will find someone cheaper fairly local - just don't necessarily expect a glossy shop though !

Thanks for your reply yes a very good gun smith in Folkestone but as I've said it's not so much the money as the choice I think it's a shame we in the south east have not got a hobby ware house in stead we have to go to a guy who lives in a house it's all very seedy you can't beat feeling and trying before buying well that's my opinion Frank