My first ever time decoying!

Young shot

Hi guys,

Went out to a freshly harvested wheat field today at about 4pm where i had seen a flock of about 50 pigeons flying around yesterday.

I got set up under a tree near the centre of the field and put out just 6 decoys, i didnt have a hide but they still came in nicely.

I finished up at about 5pm having really enjoyed the day and ending up with 11 pigeons picked and 1 lost. I wouldnt like to say how many cartridges i used but for my first day i was really pleased!

Cheers Dan

Hi guys,

Went out to a freshly harvested wheat field today at about 4pm where i had seen a flock of about 50 pigeons flying around yesterday.

I got set up under a tree near the centre of the field and put out just 6 decoys, i didnt have a hide but they still came in nicely.

I finished up at about 5pm having really enjoyed the day and ending up with 11 pigeons picked and 1 lost. I wouldnt like to say how many cartridges i used but for my first day i was really pleased!

Cheers Dan

:good: :good: :good:Nice one Dan :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Hi guys,

Cheers Dan

A great day out and one that you will remember for years to come

Hi guys,

Cheers Dan

For a first time out to get twelve in an hour is very good going, congratulations!

With just six decoys, and no hide either your off to a flying start. Dont worry about the cartridge count, you obviously picked the right spot and if your fieldcraft continues along the same lines that count will no doubt improve.

Well done.

DJL

Well done Dan, sounds like an excellent start to what could be a lifelong obsession! It certainly went better than my first ever decoying session about four years ago. I went to a field that had recently been cut, with stacks of bales still in place. I had a very experienced friend with me who decided that setting up the hide behind bales in the middle of the field would be the thing to do. We got set up and I can remember the anticipation as we waited for the first pigeons to inspect our decoys. It was then that a tractor and flat bed trailer entered the field and came up to our hide. It was the farmer`s son who had come to collect the bales. He did apologise but we were all laughing so no harm done. We relocated to a hedge at the side of the field and set out the decoys again. I don't remember hitting much but I enjoyed myself immensely. I hope that you continue to do the same.

Chris