Gun safe

Boromir

Certainly my FEO said he would want the cabinet not visible to casual visitors, but I guess if not, can you camo it in some way? A cheap cupboard etc from somewhere like Argos to put over it? In the bedroom? Think James Bond/Q. Breakdown cabinets may be a pain, but they are smaller and easy to conceal. If not, invite the FEO round, they may be able to suggest something before you spend your money on a cabinet. good luck. :good:

It will vary wildly on the FEO, but generally I think that they don't like you to advetise the fact that you have guns. If you put the safe in your bedroom then it's pretty hidden from visitors even if in the open. On the other hand if it's in the hallway by the door or in the living room, they may well want it to look like something else.

It's not hard to get hold of a cheap drinks cabinet or similar tall skinny unit to hide it in, but I'd ask if they feel you have to before you go to the bother.

my mate managed to get his put in the downstairs loo ? i would have thought this a bit risky with visitors nipping to the loo. Probably the most used room in the house yet i had to put mine right out of sight and out of any room casual visitos may stumble into.

As above, it vaires wildly with FEO's ring them and check before you start drilling

cheers

Mostly they don't want them visible from windows or front doors etc if someone was to knock the door I have seen them in dining rooms, halls even next to front door ( one that doesn't get used mind) in a cupboard is ideal but as long as it is secure and located to frustrate attack ( in a corner) most are happy. Security of the property comes first if in doubt ask FEO to visit and discuss locations prior to fitting that's what I did

My FEO was happy for mine to be in the hallway, albeit hidden the other side of a fireplace. He was more interested in me being able to come in and put everything away quickly than absolute stealth. Having CCTV around and a house really tucked away helped too, so no-one walks by .... we don't even get free papers because very few people know where the house is.