WMR accuracy

kyska

K'

I've been out on the zero range, really good platform, little wind.

What type of accuracy should I expect from a WMR?

Pretty consistent 17mm to 30mm approx groups at 100 yards was the result.

I don't think its my shooting per se as I also shot the hmr which was tighter on average.

Is that reasonable? Would a change of ammunition make any better results or is that the capability of a CZ wmr?

K'

I've been out on the zero range, really good platform, little wind.

What type of accuracy should I expect from a WMR?

Pretty consistent 17mm to 30mm approx groups at 100 yards was the result.

I don't think its my shooting per se as I also shot the hmr which was tighter on average.

Is that reasonable? Would a change of ammunition make any better results or is that the capability of a CZ wmr?

To be fair that is in the sort of spread I would expect, in old money the worst I get is about 1.25-1.5" and the best around 0.5-0.75".

I don't use the ammo that gives me the wider groups anymore!

HMR without doubt has the edge, I can always get tighter groups, usually 0.25-0.5" better.

But lets be realistic....... under 1" inch at 100 yards is a bunny head shot every time, it is also a very terminated fox! A 30g Ballistic tip WMR also makes a bigger hole, has more energy and does more damage than HMR. Whilst the WMR may well lose out to the HMR on % accuracy it without doubt more than makes up for that with terminal effect!

Cracking calibre the WMR, I have .22lr, HMR and WMR, and I have a use for them all, and I like them all, but the WMR does give me a feeling of confidence! :yes::good:

ATB!

Edited by Dekers

I've just started with a WMR and I'm getting really tight groups at around 70 meters...nearly bullet on bullet but at around 100 meters it starts to open up to around 1.5 inches that's with 30grn hornady rounds

But if I keep my shots down to 100 meters I won't have a problem with any head shots...

It's a cracking round so much so I've got 17hmr up for sale now as it hasnt seen daylight since the WMR was purchased .

Rich

I dont know which ammo you have used but my cz wmr likes cci 40g hollowpoints.in totally still air inside a building it will do 1/2 to 3/4"at 90yards.the 30 and 33g are not so good 1 to 1 1'4" i find it best to clean the bore after 25to 30 shots as accuracy seems to drop off.

bornfree

I dont know which ammo you have used but my cz wmr likes cci 40g hollowpoints.in totally still air inside a building it will do 1/2 to 3/4"at 90yards.the 30 and 33g are not so good 1 to 1 1'4" i find it best to clean the bore after 25to 30 shots as accuracy seems to drop off.

bornfree

That was exactly what I found in my last WMR, but my latest is the complete reverse, it prefers the 30g!

I have 500+ CCI 40g HP Maxi Mag V, all still factory sealed, they don't do it in my latest but excellent in my last WMR, ANYONE interested in making an offer?

Cheers

That was exactly what I found in my last WMR, but my latest is the complete reverse, it prefers the 30g!

I have 500+ CCI 40g HP Maxi Mag V, all still factory sealed, they don't do it in my latest but excellent in my last WMR, ANYONE interested in making an offer?

Cheers

If you were a bit closer i would make you an offer but berkshire's a bit of a trek from norfolk for them.

bornfree