New Toy

TbirdX

So after weeks of forum reading, after weeks of settling on 1 Semi-Auto only to go off it for some reason shortly after, I finally went to the Gun Shop, handled all the main players and came home with a shiny new Browning Maxus G2.

Gun1.jpg

It just felt the best of them all. Lets hope I can shoot it as well :)

Beautiful gun you got there mate, Great to shoot with as well ;) ;) ;)

Just wish i had the money to get a gun anything similar to that though :/ , maybe when i win the lottery :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sell your Hatsan......that should cover the deposit on a Maxus ;)

Sell your Hatsan......that should cover the deposit on a Maxus ;)

Why would i do that??? My Hatsan is outstanding and hasn't missed a beat since i've had it or with the previous owner, and an absolute bargain at £200. Cycles 52g 3" cart's like a piece of **** ;) ;) ;)

So absolutely pointless for me to sell it and get a maxus :P , especially for the kind shooting i do, so i don't mind if i mark the Hatsan as it isn't really expensive

Why would i do that??? My Hatsan is outstanding and hasn't missed a beat since i've had it or with the previous owner, and an absolute bargain at £200. Cycles 52g 3" cart's like a piece of **** ;) ;) ;)

So absolutely pointless for me to sell it and get a maxus :P , especially for the kind shooting i do, so i don't mind if i mark the Hatsan as it isn't really expensive

Simon.

Agree entirely ...... Only one problem ....I'm not using my other shotguns. .... Field stripping a doddle, whatever the conditions.

Definitely going to buy the fast loading version at the Midlands game Fair.

So after weeks of forum reading, after weeks of settling on 1 Semi-Auto only to go off it for some reason shortly after, I finally went to the Gun Shop, handled all the main players and came home with a shiny new Browning Maxus G2.

Gun1.jpg

Hi mate nice gun on my second maxus hunter, as the first one had to go back the spring in the fore end broke and damaged the reciever browning said its not happend before dont mean to sound negative but have lost confidence in it the fact they are made in portugal now the build quality has suffered

I'm sorry to hear that Gem.

Hopefully your experience was a one off and not indicative of the gun as a rule. Only time will tell on that one however. The gun is pretty new and every report I've seen so far has been favourable bar yours. I hope the new one you have proves itself reliable :)

Rest assured, if I have any similar problems, I'll post them up on PW.

I'm sorry to hear that Gem.

Hopefully your experience was a one off and not indicative of the gun as a rule. Only time will tell on that one however. The gun is pretty new and every report I've seen so far has been favourable bar yours. I hope the new one you have proves itself reliable :)

Rest assured, if I have any similar problems, I'll post them up on PW.

nice one mate on the positive side they do handle very nice,i like the speed loading to, ive just been unlucky goin to use it saturday on clays so sod the gremlins cheers :yes:

Let us know how it goes please.

On the handling front, I took mine out on Sunday and shot the highest score I've had yet. I'm still bloody poor but it must say something about the gun, hopefully it'll inspire me to even greater scores :)

you can only get better, i am my own worst enemy because i like to shoot different guns, been using a bettinsoli i picked up as a second gun to be honest have been shooting better with it then more expensive guns. The guy who runs the shoot we go to every week keeps telling me to stick to one gun only so goin to stick with the maxus, by the way give the extended choke a try, i did it felt really well balanced,looks a tad odd tho, cheers gem

Thanks fellas, I'm hoping to give it it's first outing tomorrow.

On the subject of money, the wife hasn't asked how much yet. I think she definately isn't ready to deal with the answer !

Always £300 thats what i tell her even though my last one was £1500 :lol: that would scar her for life if she new :lol: :lol:

Gun1.jpg

Very nice mate :good:

I really like them :yes: just gutted I cant get mine to fit me properly, hence I'm selling it :blush: (see sig below ;) )

Let us know how it goes please.

On the handling front, I took mine out on Sunday and shot the highest score I've had yet. I'm still bloody poor but it must say something about the gun, hopefully it'll inspire me to even greater scores :)

hi just to let you know how i got on with the maxus used it saturday, done two rounds of compact scored a 11 and a 14 not my best by any means went to another ground on the way home done a round of skeet didnt even bother keeping a score, basically shot ****.Took it out today to are local shoot started off missing stuff i usally dont have a problem with got better as the day went on, had a go with a mates ultra hit six in a row, not going to give up tho going to stick with it, then again if i cant take to it, out it goes, cheers