27-08-2011 lamping

cockercas

Jesus my legs hurt. Had a nights lamping with swiss tony and a mate. And what a night it was. Its been raining pretty solid since Thursday night but we decided to still go out across the sodden fields. Started just after half 9 on a little farm of mine driving across the stubble baged 5 or so rabbits with the 10/22.move Onto a bigger permission a mile down the road. Pick up the girl friends sisters boyfriend as he is applying for his fac. Tony shoots another 4 in the only cut field from the track. Spins the jimny (what a car for shooting) round in the yard and heads of down the track. Just about to shove guns away and I pick up a pair of foxy eyes in the red beam from the corn. Its an easy shot 20 yards and a head shot as its all I can see but I'm twisted right round in the drivers seat and when I pull the trigger I lift the gun and miss over the top. Dam. We use a newspaper florecent bag slung over the spare wheel to put shot rabbits in. We slipped the guns and emptied the paper bag at the bottom of the lane to pick up later. Headed over to tonys land. Abit better for driving on as its all chalk. dropped the roof down on the Suzuki. Now were in proper shooting mode. Tony shoots adam lamps and I drive. Tony got a couple of hears with the .17 and a few rabbits to. Carried on around various fields of tonys racking up the bunny count and adding them to the bulging paper bag on the back. Very surprised we hadent seen another fox yet then in the vally below a pair of eyes shining back. Charlie fox had put in an appearance. Abit wary and keeping his distance tony started squeaking but to no avail.(In hind sight we should of just got the 243/22-250 out that was on the back seat as it wasent that far) carried on around tonys permissions adding more and more rabbits to the bag. Shot a couple more hears and moved onto another field. Bit ov a wet bumpy field not much around so back onto the highway and 3/4 of a mile up the road to more fields. Go into the field entrance jumped out for a **** and the paper bag was missing. After a bit of a giggle about someone picking it up thinking they'd found a bag full of papers we retraced our steps and luckily it was in the wet bumpy field. The strap had slipped thru the plastic adjuster thing with all the weight. Quick granny knot and we headed to the 24 hour garage for a couple of tins of monster and a snickers. Now onto the new permission I was dreading (I shot 53 in two 20 min trips in one field). The only way to access the fields are by a horrible pothole track. Some of the holes are 6ft wide and 2 foot deep and it would be like a swamp. The .22 must of took a knock in the back and wasent accurate so out come the HMR. After powering thru some horrible muddy potholes we pulled into the first field. Crack after crack from the .17 and the total gets knocked up some more. Move back onto the track more big potholes and the next field tony let's rip with another 5/6 shots. Then in the lamp a big pair of eyes belonging to a white fox. Tony lines up pulls the trigger and it runs away unharmed. 243/22-250 still in the back. Nails a few more rabbits and carrys on down the track gets into another fields (no one has shot these before) and tony gets to empty a few more mags at the bunnys. Home time. Thankfully it nearing 5:30 and the suns coming out. Ended up with 4 hears and 50+ rabbits. Swiss has the pics and will upload later. Sorry for the long read

sorry for late photo just bin on a date with some internet tart waste of time wish id have stoped in bed im shatted. With only 2 hrs sleep my god joe wat

a write up telling every one about the misses shocking they will think we are cr ap lol a very very good nite indeed

We had well over 50 plus just that we dont pick them all up its just pest control not table shots and that jimmy is a top bit of kit thanks for ride about

mate here the photo see you all soon

swiss

post-23051-0-06995700-1314549195.jpg

If that's made you giggle jimbo. When we stopped at the 24 hour garage adam was stood 5 yard behind me holding his **** complaining it was sore because we had gone over some rough bits while he was sat on top of the seats lamping. Just as I handed some money over to the bloke behind the counter tony gose. ******* hell you've killed him. Adam was still holding his ****. The bloke give us a funny look. I'm sure he thort we had been bumming in the woods.